Before you begin
- Review the Aptify Integration Overview to answer general questions about the integration. Additional information is available in the Aptify Integration Guide.
- The Aptify integration with Higher Logic Real Magnet will require the installation of the Real Magnet webservice.
- The integration allows you to connect your Aptify instance with multiple Real Magnet accounts.
- Ensure that your Real Magnet product is licensed for an integration. You can do this by confirming with your Implementation Project Manager or creating a case via support.higherlogic.com.
- Create a case with Community Brands to install the Real Magnet webservice. If you are Premise based, you can use the installation package attached to this article.
- Your Implementation Project Manager or Support representative will provide you with the following credentials for installation:
- Mail User ID
- Auth Token
- Provide the Webservice URL credentials to your Implementation Project Manager or Support representative
Follow the installation steps in the documentation.
After the integration is completed:
- Review the integration documentation and learning materials.
- Create an upload job.
In general, this upload job can be a master sync. The details for this Shared View could be one of your largest from Aptify or it could be a new query that looks for anyone with an email address.
- Enable tracking.
Initially, the tracking information will sync for the last two weeks. We recommend that you select all tracking activities; this can be disabled later.
If you would like to complete additional testing, notify the Implementation Project Manager or the Support representative.
Frequently asked questions
|Why are there multiple opens in my recipient's activity history?||Real Magnet reports "gross" opens, so each time a recipient opens a message, the open is scored and tracked.|
|Why is there no tracking data updating to my Aptify?||
Log in to Real Magnet and confirm that data tracking is set up.
|Why is an individual record missing tracking information?||Ensure that individual is assigned an Aptify Person ID. If the individual was uploaded outside of the Real Magnet Scheduler you must ensure that it also has its Aptify Person ID mapped to the Custom Member ID.
This is how Aptify identifies an individual in its database. If an individual is missing this information, tracking information will not be pushed to Aptify for that individual.
|What happens if the tracking data portion is canceled mid-stream?||Real Magnet logs the failure and re-attempts to send the data to Aptify.|
|Why can't I see my view?||Is the view in the RealMagnet folder? Is the view in the RealMagnet folder a Person entity?
If you have a custom-created Person entity in Aptify, you must modify your stored procedure by an individual with database access to display that entity name or ID.
|Why am I getting the message? "This upload job has one or more groups to which you do not have access."||If your account is Enterprise, ensure that you have access to the group that the Upload Job is connected to, or ensure that the group has not been archived.|
|What happens if I am using Internet Explorer?||Due to Internet Explorer's security configurations, we recommend that you:
- Add magnetmail.net to Trusted Sites.
- Use Compatibility Mode.