Before you begin
- Review the Aptify Integration Overview to answer general questions about the integration - more detailed information can be found in the Integration Guide.
- The Aptify integration with Communications Enterprise will require the installation of the Real Magnet webservice.
- The integration allows for you to connect your Aptify instance with multiple Communications Enterprise accounts.
- Ensure that your Communications Enterprise product is licensed for an integration - you can do this by confirming with your Implementation Project Manager or creating a case via support.higherlogic.com.
- Create a case with Community Brands to install the Real Magnet webservice - if you are Premise based you can use the installation package attached to this article to complete the installation.
- Your Implementation Project Manager or Support Representative will supply you with the following credentials for installation:
- Mail User ID
- Auth Token
- Supply the following credentials to your implementation Project Manager or Support Representative
- Webservice URL
Follow the installation steps in the documentation.
Once the integration is completed:
- Review the integration documentation and learning materials.
- Create an upload job - in general, this upload job can be a master sync. The details for this Shared View could be one of your largest from Aptify or it could be a new query that looks for anyone with an email address.
- Enable tracking - initially the tracking information will sync for the last two weeks. We recommend that you select every tracking activity - this can be disabled at a later point.
If you would like to complete additional testing - notify the Implementation Project Manager or the Support representative assisting and they can walk provide options.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Why are there multiple opens in my recipient’s activity history?||Communications Enterprise reports back gross opens. This means that each time a recipient opens the message, this record is scored and tracked.|
|Why is there no tracking data updating to my Aptify?||
Did you select tracking data? Log in to Real Magnet, and then:
|Why is this individual record missing tracking information?||Ensure that individual is assigned an Aptify Person ID. If the individual was uploaded outside of the Real Magnet Scheduler you must ensure that it also has its Aptify Person ID mapped to the Custom Member ID.
This is how the Aptify platform identifies that individual in its database. If an individual is missing this information, no tracking information will push back for that recipient to Aptify.
|What happens if the tracking data portion is canceled mid-stream?||Real Magnet logs the failure and re-attempts to send the data to Aptify.|
|Why can’t I see my view?||Is the view in the RealMagnet Folder? Is the view in the RealMagnet Folder a Person Entity?
If you have a custom created Person entity in Aptify, you'll need to make a modification to your stored procedure by an individual with database access to display that entity name or ID.
|Why am I getting the message: “This upload job has one or more groups to which you do not have access.”?||Do you have access to the group? If your account is Enterprise you will need to ensure that you have access to the group the Upload Job is connected to, or ensure that the group has not been archived.|