- Review the Nimble Integration Overview to answer general questions about the integration - more detailed information can be found in the Integration Guide.
- The Nimble integration with Real Magnet will require a Systems Administration user.
- A standard Salesforce licensed user is required for this integration and the user password is recommended to be set to do not expire. This login can be a standalone login (recommended) or preexisting. All information related to the integration (tracking, new record creation) will be tied to this user
- The integration allows for you to connect your Nimble integration with multiple Real Magnet accounts.
- Ensure that your Real Magnet product is licensed for an integration - you can do this by confirming with your Implementation Project Manager or creating a case via support.higherlogic.com.
- Complete the Salesforce integration steps:
- Create the Salesforce user for Higher Logic:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permissions: System Administrator
- Reset Password Rules: Set to never expire
- Supply the following credentials to your implementation Project Manager or Support Representative:
- Salesforce/Nimble Username
- After your integration has been enabled you can update the Integration Settings and enter the password.
Once the integration is completed:
- Review the integration documentation and learning materials.
- Create an upload job - in general, this upload job can be a master sync. The details for this Report could be one of your largest from Salesforce or it could be a new report that looks for anyone with an email address.
- Enable tracking - initially the tracking information will sync for the last two weeks. We recommend that you select every tracking activity - this can be disabled at a later point.
If you would like to complete additional testing, notify the Implementation Project Manager or the Support Representative assisting and they can walk provide options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are there multiple opens in my recipient's activity history?
Real Magnet reports back gross opens
Why are there multiple links in my recipient's activity history?
Real Magnet reports back gross links
Why is there an error when I attempt upload a report?
Your report must contain the ID or Account ID
When I select Upload Jobs it says that the API may be down, why?
Update the credentials for the Nimble AMS integration, follow the steps under: Updating Integration Details in Real Magnet.
Why is there no tracking data updating to my Nimble AMS?
Did you select tracking data? Login to Real Magnet and walk through the below:
- Select Settings
- Select Integrations
- Select Nimble AMS Management
- Select Manage Tracking
- Select the Tracking items to sync to Nimble AMS
Why is this individual record missing tracking information?
Ensure that individual is assigned a Person Account ID. If the individual was uploaded outside of the Real Magnet Scheduler you must ensure that it also has its Person Account ID mapped to the Custom Member ID. This is how the Nimble AMS platform identifies that individual in its database. If an individual is missing this information, no tracking information will push back for that recipient to Nimble AMS.
What happens if the tracking data portion is cancelled mid-stream?
Real Magnet logs the failure and re-attempts to send the data through to Nimble AMS.