Before you begin
- Review the Nimble Integration Overview general information about the integration. More information can be found in the Integration Guide.
- The Nimble integration with Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise) requires a Systems Administration user.
- A standard Salesforce licensed user is required for this integration and the user password is recommended to be set to do not expire. This login can be a standalone login (recommended) or pre-existing. All information related to the integration (tracking, new record creation) will be tied to this user.
- The integration allows you to connect your Nimble integration with multiple Thrive Marketing Enterprise accounts.
- Ensure that your Thrive Marketing Enterprise account is licensed for an integration. You can do this by confirming with your Implementation Project Manager or creating a case with Higher Logic Support.
- Complete the Salesforce integration steps:
- Create the Salesforce user for Higher Logic:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Permissions: System Administrator
- Reset Password Rules: Set to never expire
- Supply the following credentials to your Implementation Project Manager or Support representative:
- Salesforce/Nimble Username
- After your integration has been enabled you can update the Integration Settings and enter the password.
When the integration is completed:
- Review the integration documentation and learning materials.
- Create an upload job.
This upload job can be a master sync. The details for this Report could be one of your largest from Salesforce or it could be a new report that looks for anyone with an email address.
- Enable tracking.
Initially, the tracking information will sync for the last two weeks. We recommend that you select all tracking activities; this can be disabled later.
If you would like to complete additional testing, notify your Implementation Project Manager or Support representative.
Frequently asked questions
|Why are there multiple opens or link clicks in my recipient's activity history?
|Thrive Marketing Enterprise reports the gross number of opens and clicks. Every time a recipient opens a message or clicks a link, the action is recorded and tracked.
|Why is there no tracking data updating in MemberSuite?
Did you select tracking data? Log in to Thrive Marketing Enterprise and:
|Why is this individual record missing tracking information?
|Ensure that individual is assigned an ID. If the individual was uploaded outside of the Real Magnet Scheduler, you must ensure they also has their ID mapped to the Custom Member ID. This is how Nimble AMS identifies that individual in its database. If an individual is missing this information, no tracking information will push back for that recipient to Nimble AMS.
|Why am I getting the message: "This upload job has one or more groups to which you do not have access."?
|Do you have access to the group? If your account is Enterprise, you will need to ensure that you have access to the group the Upload Job is connected to, or ensure that the group has not been archived.
|Why is there an error when I attempt upload a report?
|Your report must contain the ID or Account ID.
|When I select Upload Jobs it says that the API may be down, why?
|Update the credentials for the Nimble AMS integration as described in Updating Integration Details.
|What happens if the tracking data portion is canceled mid-stream?
|Thrive Marketing Enterprise logs the failure and re-attempts to send the data through to MemberSuite.
|What happens if I am using Internet Explorer?
Due to Internet Explorer's security configurations, as part Thrive Marketing Enterprise's compatibility steps, we recommend: