As a Super Admin for your Event Engagement site, you can manage registrants' passwords.
NOTE: If a registrant forgets their password or just wants to reset it, they can do so by clicking Can't access your account? on the Member Login page. The process is detailed for them in Reset Your Password in the Event Engagement knowledge base, under Registrant Actions.
New registrants' passwords
When registrants are added to your Event Engagement site, you have to notify them that they have to create a password in order to access your site. Event Engagement has made it easy to automate this notification by providing an Automation Rule called Welcome New Attendee.
- This automation rule has a default, pre-configured Welcome/Create Password email message.
- The default message has a link and instructions for registrants to create their own private password to access your Event Engagement site.
- A Super Admin has to enable the Welcome New Attendee automation rule; it is disabled by default.
- A Super Admin can disable the Welcome New Attendee automation rule to manually manage the registrant notifications.
To learn more about this automation rule, see Enable Your Welcome/Create Password Message.
Password reset request
As a Super Admin, you can request that registrants change their passwords (e.g., for security reasons or they're having access issues). This process has Super Admin steps and Registrant steps; both are detailed below.
Before getting started:
- Inform the registrant that you are going to initiate a password-reset for them.
- Ask the registrant to provide you with an alternate email address (such as their personal, non-organization address) and tell them when they might expect to receive a password-related email message at that alternate address.
TIP: Remind the registrant that the message might go to their Spam/Junk folder and to check it if necessary.
Super Admin steps
- Log in to your Event Engagement site.
- In the browser address bar, copy the name of your Event Engagement site (e.g., tripleheader); this is between the // and .connected.
- Select SITE_NAME in the URL below and paste your site name (e.g., tripleheader) to replace it.
- Copy the updated link and paste it into your browser address field (press Enter) to access the Reset Password page.
- Type/paste the registrant's current Event Engagement email address in the upper field.
- Type/paste the registrant's alternate email address in the lower field.
- Click SEND PASSWORD LINK.
A password-related email message should be sent to the registrant's alternate email address with a link to create a new password.
NOTE: These steps are replicated for registrants in the article, Reset Your Password.
A Super Admin has requested that you reset your Event Engagement site password. A password-related email message should be in your alternate email address Inbox. If not, check the Spam/Junk folder.
Follow the steps below to reset your password.
- Access your alternate email client, open the email message, and click the password-reset link.
- On the Password page, specify and confirm a new password, and click UPDATE.
You will be logged into the Event Engagement site.
NOTE: Please note your new password in a secure place.