Higher Logic provides dozens of widgets that you can use to:
- modernize the look of your community pages,
- enhance the usefulness of your site, and
- increase member engagement.
In this article, we'll focus on widgets associated to our Directory module.
Access the widgets
To access the widgets:
- On the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- In Page Designer, click the Build tab and scroll down to the Widget section.
- Use the Category dropdown and/or the search field to more quickly find a specific widget.
- Widgets are grouped and accessible from their own category in the dropdown.
- Select the All category to view the complete list of widgets.
- As you add and configure widgets (see Build Page Layout and Content), it's a good idea to occasionally click Save.
- After you add widgets to your community, be sure to click Publish.
When more than one of these widgets display, use them together for more focused results.
|Directory Search||Searches for users and companies; the results can be filtered|
|Directory Search - Community||Searches for users who belong to the selected Community Type and/or Community|
|Directory Search - Demographic||Searches for users to whom the selected demographic applies|
|Directory Search - Limit to Security Group||Searches for users who are in the selected Security Groups|
|Directory Search - Location||Searches for users who are in the selected location|
|Search for a Mentor/Mentee||Searches for users who are a mentor or a mentee
NOTE: This widget is relevant to the Mentor/Mentee search pages; see Search for Mentors and Mentees.
NOTE: Mentors who reach their Maximum Number of Mentees threshold (as set in their Mentor profile) no longer display in Mentor search results.
|Speaker Search||Searches for speakers/experts by: location of presentation; topic of presentation; and/or first or last name|