Higher Logic offers three mutually exclusive methods for user creation and updates:
- Standalone account creation and management
- Upload via spreadsheet
- Standard integration
Standalone account creation & management
NOTE: This method is only applicable to Higher Logic Thrive Community (Thrive Community).
With the Standalone account creation method, Thrive Community serves as a member and admin portal to allow for creation of accounts, updates to profiles, and login/authentication.
The customer is responsible for managing user records as outlined in Higher Logic’s documentation.
IMPORTANT: Single Sign On (SSO) is not supported with this method, as Higher Logic is not an Identity provider (IDP) for external systems.
This user creation method allows for a one-time upload and then local account registration and updates moving forward.
Upload via spreadsheet
NOTE: This method is only applicable for Higher Logic Thrive Community and Higher Logic Thrive Marketing.
With the Upload via spreadsheet method, Super Admins can import, manage, and update user records directly in their Higher Logic Thrive Community via spreadsheet. With this method, the spreadsheet serves as the database/single source for record creation and updates (i.e., all record creation and updates are managed solely through the spreadsheet).
- The Upload method is spreadsheet- based (.csv) and does not use an API, FTP, or other direct integration between the customer's AMS/CRM and Higher Logic.
- Higher Logic provides the template for uploading and updating records, and maintains the documentation and user interface for processing the uploads.
- Updates to user data is managed and processed manually through the spreadsheet.
- The customer is responsible for managing user records via the uploads based on Higher Logic’s documentation, and is responsible for any workflows to capture user change requests.
- SSO may be supported with this method depending on satisfying the requirements set forth in SSO documentation.
Higher Logic offers standard integrations for Thrive Community.
See Higher Logic Community - Integrations Overview to view a complete list of our supported integrations.