You can use the Ideation list to quickly manage your site's Ideas. With it, you can:
- Search for Ideas
- Filter Ideas
- Update Idea Statuses
- Delete Ideas
Access the Ideation list
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Feedback > Ideation > List.
Search & filter Ideas
At the top right of the list, you can use the search and filter options to quickly find Ideas.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand a search field, allowing you to find specific Ideas by their Idea Title, Unique ID, Author, or Author Email. The list will automatically update with each typed character and display all records that contain a match. Click the X to clear the search field to restore the original list.
NOTE: When searching by Unique ID, you must enter the entire ID. This is intentional, as it allows you to be hyper-specific when searching. While searching by title or author may return several results, searching by ID is the best way to find a single Idea.
- Click the filter icon to view various filters you can apply to make it easier to find specific users. You can filter by Idea Status and Category, and by whether an Idea has an official response. If the filter icon is solid orange (i.e., filled in), the list is refined by an active filter. Click the filter icon and click Clear Filter to restore the original list.
Update Idea Statuses
- Select an Idea in the list.
- At the top right, click Update Status.
- In the resulting dialog, select a new Status and click Update to apply it.
Update Idea Categories
- Select an Idea in the list.
- At the top right, click Update Categories.
- In the resulting dialog, you can add and remove any existing Categories you've created on the Categories page.
- When finished, click Save to apply your changes.
Select multiple Ideas in the list to quickly:
- bulk-edit Idea Statuses
- bulk-edit Idea Categories
- bulk-delete Ideas
Select multiple Ideas
The button used to multi-select rows is device-dependent.
- To select more than one row, hold the Ctrl (Windows) or command (Mac) key and select each of the other rows you want to manage.
- To select a continuous list on PC and Mac, click one row, then hold the Shift key and click the last row.
TIP: After multi-selecting BUT before acting on the selected Ideas, you can add and deselect Ideas via the check boxes to their left.
After selecting the Ideas:
- Click Update Status to display a dialog where you can apply a new Status to them.
- Click Update Categories to display a dialog where you can manage their Categories.
- Click Delete to display a dialog to confirm the deletion. In this dialog, you can also check the Notify creators of idea deletion box if you'd like to notify all associated authors of the deletion.
View active and deleted Ideas
Click the down arrow to the right of the page title to view only active or deleted Ideas. The functionality for both lists is identical (searching, filtering, etc.).
The Ideation list includes a total of 13 columns, and you customize which columns display at any given time to show just the data you need.
- Click a column header to A-Z or Z-A sort on that column's data. A sorted column is indicated by the arrow icon to the right of the title (see the Author Email column above).
- Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.