Higher Logic's Moderation feature gives Super Admins the opportunity to review every new Discussion post and Library Entry before they're publicly available. This feature is often used in Public communities to ensure content is properly monitored prior to consumption.
To manage all queued posts and files from moderated Discussions, Libraries, and users across all of your communities:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Community > Moderation > Queue.
Managing the Moderation Queue
Moderated content won't be visible in the associated discussion or library until they're approved.
On this page, you can:
Approve & reject content
Select an item and click Approve or Reject to approve or reject it:
- Approved content is made live in the community where it was submitted.
- Rejected content is moved to the Rejected page. When rejecting an item, you must provide a reason why and decide whether to send the associated user an email letting them know. Rejected content can still be approved at any time.
View rejected content
Click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Rejected.
- Choose a Document or Message to see the rejection details in the Preview Panel.
- Optionally, click Approve above the list.
Preview the Moderated content
Select an item in the list to preview it in the Preview Panel. You can view PDFs, watch videos, and see discussion posts.
Edit content before approving
If you want or need to edit content before it's approved, select an item and then select Edit from the More menu. You're taken directly to the content in question in a new browser tab to make any necessary changes.
List column headings
Each column on this page is described below:
- Type - Indicates whether the content is a Discussion post or Library Entry.
- Name - Displays the subject of the moderation content. The titles are hyperlinked for easy access to the content.
- Created By - The name of the user who created the content.
- Created - The date/time stamp when the content was created.
- Community - The community the content will publish to if approved.
- Reason - Indicates the reason why the content is moderated. Reasons include:
- Full Moderation, if a community is set to Full Moderation.
- Self Moderation, if a user in the community flagged the content to be removed from the community and added to the Moderation Queue.
- Inbound Message, if the community is configured to moderate all email replies before approval by an admin.
- Anonymous Message, if the community is configured to moderate all anonymous posts before approval by an admin.
- Terms and Conditions, if the community is configured to moderate all content by users who have not accepted your site's Terms and Conditions.
- Moderated User, if a user has been individually moderated, requiring an admin to approve all of their content before its publicly available.
- Spam, if the post appears to be marketing or other spam-like content.
NOTE: You can also manage moderated items for a specific community. From its Home page, click Settings > Moderation. For more information, see Moderate Users.
NOTE: The moderation setting for a Discussion and its associated Library can be set on the Moderation Settings page, while you can place individual users in moderation on the Moderate Users page.
Moderate individual items
You can also view, approve, edit, and reject moderated posts and files directly from Discussions and Libraries themselves (an example from a Discussion is shown below).