Among the many Landing Page features is the ability to send a follow-up mailing after a subscriber completes one of your forms. There are three ways to create a follow-up mailing:
- Copy a regular mailing from those you’ve created
- Copy another Landing Page’s mailing
- Create a new mailing specifically for this Landing Page
Each of these options, while working from a different source, has the same net result: You’ll send a mailing to your subscribers when they submit a form on your Landing Page. Let’s learn how to create each of these follow-up mailing options.
Create a Follow-up Mailing
Before you create a follow-up mailing for your landing page, you’ll first need to create a new landing page or open an existing one.
- Once this has been done, navigate to the Process tab.
- Navigate to the Follow-up Mailing heading. Click the menu and select from the three mailing sources:
Copy a Regular Mailing
When you select Copy Regular Mailing, you’ll select from the mailings you’ve previously created.
- Click the Folder menu to select the mailing’s home folder.
- Click the Mailing menu to select the name of the mailing you wish to use.
Figure 2: Copying a Regular Mailing
- Click Copy to save and navigate to the Mailing Designer where you can make any modifications. Note that all unsaved progress will save automatically (you won’t need to worry about your Landing Page design!).
Copy a Landing Page Mailing
When you select Copy Landing Page Mailing, you’ll select from the mailings you’ve used for your other Landing Pages.
- Click the menu to select a Landing Page mailing to copy.
- Click Copy to save navigate to the Mailing Designer where you can make any modifications. As above, all unsaved progress will save automatically.
Create a New Mailing
As the name suggests, when you select the Create New Mailing option, you’ll begin with a new mailing in the Mailing Designer.
- Click Create Mailing to open the mailing designer.
After you’ve created a follow-up mailing, you’ll receive a confirmation on the Process tab indicating that your mailing is ready to go.
If you need to make changes, click Edit Mailing to open the Mailing Designer. Likewise, if want to use a completely different mailing, or if you simply want to remove the follow-up mailing, click Remove Mailing.
Leverage Your Mailings and Involve Your Subscribers
Using a follow-up mailing is easy to do because it leverages Marketing Automation Professional’s Mailing Designer, providing you the opportunity to use some of your already-created mailings. Or, if you’re looking for something slightly different, you can create a new mailing to provide a special accompaniment to your landing page. And, after all that, think about this: whether it’s a message welcoming your subscribers to your organization, registering for an event, or simply a gracious acknowledgment for opting in, a follow-up mailing is a fantastic way to keep your subscribers engaged. It lets them know that their involvement helps drive your organization, so create a follow-up mailing to let them know.