Headers are the beginning of your mailing. They typically show an organization's logo or the mailing's title. Because a header is one of the first things your recipients see, it is an important aspect of your mailing.
Adding a Header
As with all Template Designer layouts, you can drag and drop a header layout onto the canvas. Simply click-and-hold the layout you wish to add, drag your cursor to your desired location, and release. When you release, the layout becomes part of your template and is ready for editing.
You can set the following top-level properties for all header types:
- Use Default Background - If checked, your header uses the background color that has been set in the Theme menu. If unchecked, use the color picker to select a background color.
- Border - If checked, your header applies a border with several settings.
- Border Style - Click the dropdown to select a solid, dashed, or dotted border.
- Border Size - Click the dropdown to set the border size in pixels (1-10).
- Border Color - Click to use the color picker to select a color for the layout’s border.
- Apply Border To - Check the corresponding checkbox for each side (top, bottom, left, and right) that uses the border.
- Banner - Check to extend your header to the edges of the mailing body.
- Banded Background - Click the icon to select a “banding” effect.
- Select Default to keep your layout within the mailing body.
- Select Banded to extend your layout to the edges of the page.
- Vertical Align - Click the dropdown list to set a vertical alignment option (top, center, or bottom).
Additionally, you can set the text properties for each area within your header. See Rich Text Editor for additional information about how to use this editor.
You can add the following types of header to your template:
Full Width Banner
This header contains a text area and a logo area. The logo image spans the length of the header.
Full Width Banner Only
This header is similar to the Full Width Banner, but only contains a logo.
Logo on Left
This header contains a text area and a logo area. The logo image is left-justified.
This header contains a text area and a logo area. The logo image is center-justified.
Logo with Social Icons
This header contains a text area, a logo area, and a subsection area for the social sharing icons. The logo image is left-justified.
Each of the social sharing icons can be edited using the Image/Logo Properties editor.
Though you'll commonly create headers as a static part of your template, you can give mailing creators the ability to customize them with Mailing Content areas (see Mailing Content).