Every Higher Logic user has a primary profile, and if your organization licenses the Experts Directory, Mentor Match, and/or Volunteer modules, you may have an additional profile associated to each of these product-areas under the My Profile menu.
NOTE: Most of the information shown across user profiles is syndicated from the CMS page, ProfileBase (page code profilebase), located under Directory > Member Directory > Profile.
WARNING: While you can customize your ProfileBase, if necessary, we advise doing so with great caution, as these changes are reflected across ALL user profiles. One of the primary goals of new client implementation is to achieve a profile configuration that meets your organization's needs, so desired changes to user profiles should be reviewed by Higher Logic staff prior to being made.
This is your primary profile, where you can share any information about yourself you'd like to your fellow community members. The types of demographic information you can provide is dictated by site staff, but generally you can:
- Write a personal bio,
- list your education history,
- and provide your job history.
- You may even have additional profile areas to fill out: If administrative staff have created custom demographics for your site's user profiles, they'll be located at the bottom of the page, like you see here.
NOTE: As a Super Admin, you can create custom Demographics on the Admin > Users > Demographics page, and control which ones are available on profiles and which are not. See Profile Demographics for more information.
The area highlighted below is shared among all of your profiles. It shows:
- Your profile picture (if you've uploaded one)
- Any Ribbons you've earned
- The contact information you've added (if any). Click the pencil icon to add or edit this information. If your organization is integrated with an external database, you'll be directed there to make these updates.
- Any links to your profiles on other social media sites you belong to, like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc, if you've added them. To do so, click Add and follow the prompts.
NOTE: See Upload a Profile Picture to learn how to upload a profile picture.
My Expert Profile
If you're involved in speaking engagements for your organization/community, this is where you can provide information about your speaking topics and expertise.
You can also:
- Select the locations you're willing to travel to speak, and even indicate the ones you require travel reimbursement for,
- define your speaking fee,
- and add your speaking schedule so people know about your upcoming presentations.
NOTE: At the top of the page, you can choose to show or hide your Expert profile in search results by toggling the Show my Expert profile in search results? to YES or NO.
See Experts Directory to learn more about your Expert profile.
My Mentor Profile
If you're enrolled as a Mentor, this profile serves as a platform to give mentees information about your experience and background as a mentor, and to provide an overview of the kind of mentoring relationships you're seeking. Any relationships you're currently involved in are also listed.
See Set Up Your Mentor/Mentee Profile to learn more about your Mentor profile.
My Mentee Profile
If you're enrolled as a Mentee, this profile serves as a platform to give mentors information about your experience and background as a mentee , and to provide an overview of the kind of mentoring relationships you're seeking. Any relationships you're currently involved in are also listed.
See Set Up Your Mentor/Mentee Profile to learn more about your Mentee profile.
NOTE: This profile is commonly configured to only display to the profile owner and active mentors.
My Volunteer Profile
Here, you can provide information relevant to your volunteer experience and history, indicate how far you're willing to travel to participate in an Opportunity, select your years of experience, and view your current and past volunteer participation. At the bottom of the page, you can even add volunteer experience you've participated in outside your organization, ensuring you're able to capture all of your volunteer history.