Below is a list of recommended deliverability tasks that should be completed prior to your first published mailing.
- Complete sender authentication on all sending domains being used to publish mail in our system. See Email Authentication for more information.
- Review how private domains differ from public domains.
- Become familiar with our rules of use and List Best Practices because you're using our mail servers to send on your behalf. See List Best Practices to learn more.
- Upload suppression/unsubscribe lists from previous vendor(s) and/or your current database. See Upload Contacts to learn more.
- Internally add your new sending IPs (publish and test) to your allow list. You may need to reach out to your IT contact for configuration at your organization. See IP Address Allowlist (Real Magnet) for more information.
- Your IPs are already allowlisted with most major ISPs, but it is recommended that you reach out to the postmaster at your important/larger private domains to ask them to allowlist your publish IP and "from" address.
- Consider adding a pre-header to your mailing template to encourage subscribers to allowlist your organization's "from" address.
- Your mail will be sent through the Higher Logic Real Magnet IPs, so it is recommended that you follow an IP warming and/or Domain warming plan to slowly build a good reputation. See the IP Warming and Domain Warming When Using a New "From" Address articles to learn more.
- As you continue sending through our system, be cognizant of your sender reputation to ensure the highest deliverability rate. See Maintaining a Good Sender Reputation to learn more.
TIP: See Understand Role-based Email Addresses (Real Magnet) for information on role-based email addresses that will, by default, be rejected in our system and how you can request to add these addresses.