Below is a list of recommended deliverability practices to be completed prior to your first published mailing.
- Complete sender authentication on all sending domains being used to publish mail in our system. See Email Authentication for more information.
- Review how private domains differ from public domains.
- Become familiar with our rules of use and List Best Practices because you're using our mail servers to send on your behalf. See List Best Practices to learn more.
- Upload suppression/unsubscribe lists from previous vendor(s) and/or your current database. See Upload Contacts to learn more.
- Internally whitelist your new sending IPs (publish and test). You may need to reach out to your IT contact for configuration at your organization. See Whitelisting for more information.
- Your IPs are already whitelisted with most major ISPs, but it is recommended that you reach out to the postmaster at your important/larger private domains to ask them to whitelist your publish IP and "from" address.
- Consider adding a pre-header to your mailing template to encourage subscribers to whitelist your organization's "from" address.
- Your mail will be sent through the MA Enterprise IPs, so it is recommended that you follow an IP warming and/or Domain warming plan to slowly build a good reputation. See the IP Warming and Domain Warming When Using a New "From" Address articles to learn more.
As you continue sending through our system, be cognizant of your sender reputation to ensure the highest deliverability rate. See Maintaining a Good Sender Reputation to learn more.