This article explains how Community Admins and Super Admins can manage events.
Access Events - Community Admin
- Navigate to your community's home page.
- Click Settings > Manage Events.
Access Events - Super Admin
TIP: If you need to manage a specific community's events, you can follow the step above; otherwise, access the page below to manage all of the events for your community site.
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Events > List.
NOTE: While accessed in different areas, both pages provide the same functionality; therefore, the features discussed in the rest of the article apply to both Community Admins and Super Admins.
Manage Events page overview
As stated earlier, the Manage Events page for a community lists only the events for that community; the Manage Events page accessed via the Admin interface (Super Admin only) lists all of your organization's events.
From either page, you can:
- Create and edit events
- View an event's details, including its registration breakdown
- Search for an event and filter the list for easier event management
- Perform several management actions, like canceling, copying, and deleting events, sending event invitations, defining event pricing, and managing an event's registrant roster.
Create an event
The complexity of event-creation is highly dependent on the type of event being created. For example, creating a monthly webinar that only requires attendees to RSVP requires far less configuration than a multi-day event with a full agenda (e.g., sessions, registration add-ons, etc.).
Much of the complexity is determined by the Event Type, which you'll need to select during event creation. Event Types largely control the features and settings that can be configured; you can think of them as templates that dictate which building blocks are available, with the most important being the registration process. As such, you'll need an applicable Event Type created before creating an event.
Supported registration processes
Event Manager supports five registration processes:
- No Registration - For events you simply want to add to your Event Calendar to keep your members aware of your organization's upcoming events. See Create a No Registration Event.
- Link to External Registration System - For events where registration is handled by a third-party system. You'll provide the link to your registration system during event creation. See Create an External Registration Event.
- RSVP Only - For events where formal registration (or payment) isn't required but users still must acknowledge their attendance by RSVP. This enables an attendee roster to be tracked, which is perfect for events like webinars, fun-runs, and various work functions. Only users with accounts on your site can RSVP. See Create an RSVP Only Event.
- Simple - Use this for smaller events where registration is desired but sessions and registration add-ons aren't needed. Generally, simple member/non-member pricing is used for this type of registration, but more complex pricing can be set up, if needed. See Create a Simple Registration Event.
- Full - Full registration is meant for large, multi-day events (e.g., an annual conference), and is the only registration process allowing for the creation of sessions and registration add-ons. See Create a Full Registration Event.
Search & filter
Let's take a look at how to quickly find an event using the Search and Filter options.
- Click the magnifying glass icon above the list.
- Enter your single word or phrase in the resulting search field and click Go.
TIP: To clear your search and restore the original list, click Reset/Clear.
Above the list are several drop-down menus you can use to filter the events displayed.
Discussed from left to right, filters include:
TIP: You can select multiple filters, mixing them to help display the exact events you want to manage. Also, be sure to click the Apply Filter button after selecting one or more filters to apply them and update the list.
To clear your filters and restore the original list, select Reset from the dropdown to the right of the Apply Filter button.
General event filter
Use the first menu to filter the events list by:
- Active/Upcoming Events
- Past Events
- All Events
- Events where I am the primary contact
- Only Events I Created
- On Hold Events
Event Types filter
Use the second menu to filter the events list by any of your existing Event Types (you can only select one):
Use the first menu to filter the events list by all communities, events not associated to a community, and/or one or more specific communities (you can select multiple options, with selected options indicated by a checkmark).
On the right side of the page is a menu providing an additional way to filter your events: by sorting them. Selecting one of these options immediately updates the list.
You can sort the events list by:
- Event Type A-Z
- Event Type Z-A
- Start Date - Earliest
- Start Date - Latest
- Title A-Z
- Title Z-A