Keeping your Target Groups organized makes them easier to use and find, which makes your tasks easier and faster to complete. With this in mind, it's a best practice to occasionally evaluate your Target Groups to see if any "spring cleaning" is necessary.
Target Groups are organized in folders. In this article, you'll learn how to navigate through your folders to view all of your various Target Groups.
To perform the various tasks discussed:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups.
Step 1 - Add columns
First, you need to ensure two specific data columns are added in the list view.
- Click Columns.
- Add the columns Folder Name and Last Used Date by clicking on the plus sign + to the right of the column name.
Step 2 - Open all folders
Now, you're ready to look at your folders. By default, MA Professional displays the Main Folder, which is likely limiting the Target Groups shown.
- Click anywhere in the folder menu, located at the top right.
- Scroll to the top in the menu and select All Folders.
Step 3 - Sort the list of Target Groups
Because you're now viewing ALL of your Target Groups in the list, you may need sort it so you can work on one set of Target Groups at a time. You can do that by clicking a column header to switch between ascending (A to Z) and descending (Z to A) sort orders.
Click a column header to sort on that column.
Step 4 - Remove unused Target Groups
Once you've identified those Target Groups you no longer need, it's time to delete them.
- You can delete one or more Target Groups by checking their boxes to the left.
- Click Delete.
NOTE: Remember, Target Groups only compile contact information, they do not store it directly. In other words, if you delete a Target Group, you'll still preserve all subscriber information associated to it.
- Target Groups currently in use cannot be deleted.
- Certain Target Group types cannot be delete, such as General and Marketing Compound.
- When deleting in bulk, ALL Target Groups without validation issues are immediately deleted, while those with validation issues are listed in a pop-up, along with any reasons.
NOTE: See Delete a Target Group to learn more about the deletion process.