As speakers get added to your event, Event Engagement makes it easy to search for them on a dedicated Speaker Search page. When searching, the more criteria you provide the more focused the search will be (i.e., there will be fewer, but more refined, results).
NOTE: This page searches for speakers only and is based on the Speaker Security Group (see Add Registrants to a Security Group to learn more). If you want to search for speakers and attendees, use the Attendee Directory page (see Attendee Search (for Admins)).
Access the Speaker Search page
To access the Speaker Search page, navigate to Speakers > Search in your site's top navigation.
How to search
You can search for speakers by:
- First Name,
- Last Name,
- Company Name, and/or
- Email Address.
To search for speakers:
- Type a value in any of the fields.
- If set up for your event, you can choose additional demographic filters to further refine your search (more on this below).
- Click FIND SPEAKERS.
- Review the search results on the results page.
Notes on searching
- You can search using letters, numerals, and/or special characters.
- You can perform partial searches. For example, a First Name search for "jo" will find everyone whose first name starts with "jo," like John, Jon, Jonathon, etc.
- The search fields are not case-sensitive.
- The search will return a maximum of 200 results.
- This search recognizes the percent symbol (%) as a wildcard character.
- None of the fields are required, but you must input something in at least one of the fields for the search to run.
Below the standard search fields, there may be additional demographic filters you can select to further refine your search. These optional demographics are tied to user profiles; they must be created by an Event Engagement Super Admin.
NOTE: See Profile Demographics to learn how to set up these demographic filters.
In the example below, we've created session topic demographics; our speakers can then select, on their user profiles, which session topic(s) they're covering. They'll then be tied to these search filters when registrants select them on this page, making it easy to find, for example, all speakers covering sessions about Event Engagement or Online Communities.
- Click the ANY option to yield results that include ANY of the selected demographics. For example, selecting Event Engagement and Online Communities will return all speakers associated to these two demographics.
- Click the ALL option to yield results that include ALL of the specified demographic. For example, selecting Event Engagement and Online Communities will return ONLY speakers associated to both of these demographics.
The results page displays a count of how many matches were found, and the results are presented in a grid format. If no records display, click BACK TO SEARCH OPTIONS and try different criteria.
Export the results
You can export the results of the search in a .xls or .csv file.
- Click EXPORT in the upper right to download the list of results.
- Choose either Excel file or CSV file.
- Click DOWNLOAD.
- Navigate to where you want to store the file and save it.
NOTE: The default file name is Current_Contact_Data and it will have the appropriate .xls or .csv extension.
TIP: If you have downloaded the .xls version, when you open it, click Yes at "format-extension mismatch" message.
Manage the results
You can do a number of things right from the results list.
- If your search returned a lot of results, click the arrows in the page-navigation in the lower left to move through the results pages.
- Click a speaker's name to access their profile page.
To the upper right of the grid:
- Click the Name A-Z dropdown to choose a different sort option. The page will refresh and re-order the list.
- Click Show All to display all search results.