There are a few things you should do to set up and start using Higher Logic Real Magnet.
To guide you, we have compiled this series of articles to help you get started!
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
In this article...
This article offers a high-level look at how to manage your organization's messages. There are a lot of Message-management options that can be done right on the Messages List page. Some of the more common Message-management actions are:
- Edit a Message
- Delete a Message
- Move a Message to a folder
- Send a Message to an individual or group
- Send and track a Message's deliverability test
Access your Messages list
The Messages List page is a complete list of all Messages that have been created by anyone in your organization; it is also where you manage (create, edit, etc.) your organization's Messages.
To access the Messages List page:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > List.
Create a Message
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- Give your Message a name.
- Assign a category to your Message: click the link, followed by select message category. Then, click choose category, select it in the dialog, and click Select to apply it.
- Optionally, click select... to open the Select Folder dialog and place the Message into a folder.
- By default, you'll be the Owner of the Message. If you'd like it to be someone else, click the link, select the user in the dialog, and click Select.
- Click Create.
You'll be automatically taken to the template-selection page. After selecting one, you can begin creating your Message in the Message Editor. See Understand the Message Editor to learn how.
TIP: When you're finished working on your Message, return to the Messages list and confirm it's available there.
Manage your Messages
In addition to creating Messages, you can manage them as described in this section.
The following table provides a brief description of all the Message-management options; these are described in greater detail in Manage Messages (Real Magnet).
Some of the more common options are covered in this section.
|To an individual||Click to configure the settings on the Send page and then send to one or more individuals.|
|To a group||Click to configure the settings on the Send page and then send to one or more groups.|
|Fax to an individual||This option is no longer supported.|
|A deliverability test||Click to configure the settings on the Send page and then send a test Message to one or more recipients.|
|Message||Click to access the Track Message page to see a variety of metrics about the Message.|
|Deliverability Test||Click to view the results of the Message's deliverability test, if it had one.|
|Preview||Click to preview a fully formatted version of the Message for easy review.|
|Save As||Click to create a copy of the Message.|
|Move to Folder||Click to move the Message to a folder.|
|Delete||Click to delete the Message.
Edit a Message
NOTE: You can edit Messages only if you have the proper permissions.
- Select a Message to enable and click the Edit button, or double-click a Message.
NOTE: A prompt will display if the Message is used in one or more campaigns. To continue editing, click Edit Message.
- You'll be taken to the Design tab in the Message Editor, where you can edit the theme, background color, font style, and the Message's content.
- See Understand the Message Editor to learn more.
You can send Messages to individuals and/or groups, and you can test a Message prior to sending it.
- Select a message to enable and click the Send button.
- Choose a send option.
- Configure the settings on the Send page and then send the Message.
Track a Message
You can track a Message to see a variety of metrics about its performance.
- See Track a Message to learn about and understand Message performance metrics.
Organize Messages in folders
The Messages list displays all of your Messages, so a best practice is to organize your them by grouping similar or related Messages into folders. This allows you to then isolate a group of Messages to more easily work with and manage them.
TIP: Create folders and organize your Messages early on so that doing so is less time consuming and difficult after dozens of Messages have been created. See Real Magnet Folders to learn more.
Now that you have a basic understanding of Messages and how and where to manage them, learn more with the following articles.
- The Reports section has a variety of reports on Message activity, such as opens, link clicks, and bounces. The Message Trends page has several graphs that enable you to quickly see whether there are patterns in your Message activity. See Message Activity Reports to learn more.
- You can publish a Message to your account-specific Message Library when sending to a group.
- You can assign your Messages to Message Categories to track their performance and effectiveness and manage unsubscribes.