There are a few things you should do to set up and start using Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise).
To guide you, we have compiled this series of articles to help you get started!
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
In this article...
This article offers a high-level look at how to access and manage the three groups of Campaigns that Thrive Marketing Enterprise offers.
- Campaigns let you create a variety of messages (such as membership-renewal reminders, welcome messages, and birthday and anniversary greetings) which can be set up to automatically send on a specified date. They can also be triggered to send based on a recipient's actions. You can customize the content of campaigns based on the objective that you want to achieve.
- Landing Page Campaigns are online forms on dedicated web pages (they have unique URLs). They are typically used in marketing campaigns to gather information from your Contacts, but they can be further configured to perform follow-up actions.
- Engagement Campaigns enable you to identify which recipients have not recently interacted ("engaged") meaningfully with your organization. You can tailor the content of engagement campaigns to match the interests of each recipient, thereby increasing the likelihood of their re-engagement.
Watch the videos
Each of the videos that is linked below offers a look at that Campaign group.
|Landing Page Campaigns
Access your Campaigns
All of your Campaigns are accessible on their own list page in the Admin interface.
List pages notes
On Campaigns list pages:
- Click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order.
- Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.
- Select a Campaign to enable the management options above the list; then you can act on (e.g., Edit, Rename, and Delete) that Campaign.
- Campaigns are listed by name, numerically then alphabetically.
NOTE: All Campaign names that start with a number will be listed before Campaign names that start with a letter. For example, 2019 Renewal and 2020 Welcome would appear earlier in the list than Renewal 2019 and Welcome 2020. Keep this in mind when creating/naming your Campaigns.
To access your Campaigns:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Click Campaigns > List.
Landing Page Campaigns
To access your Landing Page Campaigns:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Click Landing Pages > List.
To access your Engagement Campaigns:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Click Engagement.
Start Date and End Date columns
These columns might be blank, depending on the Campaign's set up and other factors.
- Regardless of whether a start date has been configured, the column gets populated only when the Campaign actually starts.
- If a Campaign has been configured with an end date, that date will display in the End Date column as soon as the Campaign is deployed.
- If you stop a Campaign that does not have a scheduled end date, the End Date column will not get updated.
Create a Campaign
Creating any Campaign requires a series of configuration steps during which you might choose any combination of:
- Start and End Dates
- Triggers (for additional Messages)
All Thrive Marketing Enterprise Campaigns require three steps.
- Set Up - This is where you configure the "brains" of the Campaign: the recipients, the messages, dates, wait intervals, and any other operational parameters that are available.
- Review - This is a "consumable" summary of your configuration options. It's your chance to review your configuration choices and return to the Set Up page to make any necessary changes.
- Deploy - This is where you set the "start" (immediately or schedule) and "end" (manually or schedule) information for the Campaign.
Despite these similarities, there are differences across the three Campaign groups.
EXAMPLE: When creating Campaigns and Engagement Campaigns, you have to select the industry that your organization belongs to; then, based on that selection, you'll be presented a list of Campaign types. These two factors will influence which configuration sections display on the Set Up page.
Use one of the links below to access the knowledge base article for the Campaign you want to create and manage.
Locate your Campaigns
There are a few features that you can use to more quickly locate Campaigns.
- Use the column headers (click to sort on) if you know either who created the campaign or one of the date columns if you know that there was recent activity (e.g., created, modified); this will re-order the list and bring to the top those with recent activity.
- Use the Search feature if you know the name of the Campaign and to find Campaigns with similar names. The search also queries the Status and Created By fields.
NOTE: The search field is not case-sensitive; "M" and "m" will yield the same results.
- Use the Filters option (left side of the page) if you know which folder a Campaign is in. You can also filter by Initiative if your account uses them. See Campaigns Dashboard for information on Initiatives.
Manage your Campaigns
There are several action buttons above each of the Campaign lists that you can use to manage your Campaigns. These buttons are identical for the three Campaign groups.
To activate the buttons, you have to select a Campaign, and then you can:
- Edit various options and conditions.
- Create a copy of it by clicking Save as and giving the copy a unique name.
- Rename the Campaign.
- Remove it by clicking Delete.
- Click Track to open the Campaign's "overview" page.
- Click Preview to view the Preview Campaign dialog which displays a summary of the Campaign details.
Track a Campaign
All Campaigns lists have a Track option above the list.
TIP: See Campaign Tracking Reports for a detailed look at Campaign tracking.
To see Campaign tracking info:
- Click a Campaign (or Engagement Campaign or Landing Page Campaign) to select it.
- Click Track above the list to access the Campaign report page.
The Campaign Overview section displays statistical data for the Campaign.
- Scroll down to see the Campaign's reports.
NOTE: If the Campaign has never run, "This campaign has never been started and has no data to report." will display on the page.