Higher Logic provides dozens of widgets that you can use to:
- modernize the look of your community pages,
- enhance the usefulness of your site, and
- increase member engagement.
In this article, we'll focus on widgets in Page Designer's Other category.
Access the widgets
- On the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- In Page Designer, click the Build tab and scroll down to the Widget section.
- Use the Category dropdown and/or the search field to more quickly find a specific widget.
- Widgets are grouped and accessible from their own category in the dropdown.
- Select the All category to view the complete list of widgets.
- As you add and configure widgets (see Build Page Layout and Content), it's a good idea to occasionally click Save.
- After you add widgets to your community, be sure to click Publish.
|Carousel||Display a collection of images in a rotating carousel.
All image management is completed on the front end of your site. See Image Carousel to learn more.
|Code of Conduct||Displays your organization's global Code of Conduct.
You can manage the Code of Conduct text in the Admin interface, on the Settings > Security > Terms and Conditions page. See Manage Your Terms & Conditions for more information.
NOTE: Most sites require users to agree to their Code of Conduct on their first log in.
|Contact Us||Displays the Contact Us form users can fill out to send a message to your main point of contact.
You can customize certain aspects of the Contact Us form, and assign the point of contact who will receive these messages, in the Site Setup interface. Refer to the Contact Us section of Set Up Your Site to learn more.
|Featured Card||This widget makes it easy to create high-quality banners and card-based content, complete with customizable images, icons, text, and buttons.
All management is completed on the front end of your site. See Widget Spotlight - Featured Card to learn more.
|Login and Sign Up||Displays a form allowing users to log in (or create an account for new users).
NOTE: This widget is only applicable to customers with a standalone (i.e., non-integrated) site.
|Quick Links||Allows you to share important links with your members.
All management is completed on the front end of your site. See Widget Spotlight - Quick Links to learn more.
|Recently Followed Content||Displays a dynamic list of up to five links to the most recent content a member has followed, including blogs, discussions, questions, ideas, and library entries).
In addition, a View all followed content link is provided that navigates a user to their full list of followed content.
|Search Box||Allows you to place a search field anywhere across your site.|
|Share on Social Media||This widget can be placed on the details page of either events or volunteer opportunities to enable users to share them with their social networks.|