The Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise) ACGI Association Anywhere integration uses the Association Anywhere API in conjunction with Real Magnet's Universal Webservice.
- This integration is compatible with all Higher Logic-supported browsers.
Watch the video
TIP: Check out the Higher Logic Academy Paths page for product- and role-specific videos!
Who should read this guide?
This guide is for Thrive Marketing Enterprise Admin users who are responsible for determining messaging and contact management guidelines. It assumes that you are familiar with:
- Using the Thrive Marketing Enterprise system
- Managing users in Association Anywhere
- Managing data in Association Anywhere
The following articles provide important information about your Thrive Marketing Enterprise integration.
- See Unique Identifiers: Email Address and Custom ID to learn about these unique IDs and their differences.
- See Integration Access Levels & Permissions to learn about the access levels for integration features, and how you can set the access levels for your Admins.
When setting up, if access is granted via an FTP site, use an FTP service like FileZilla. Once the service has been enabled by Thrive Marketing Enterprise, you'll receive the following credentials:
- URL (transport.magnetmail.net)
Thrive Marketing Enterprise can automatically generate a failure report if an upload job fails and automatically send an email alert to one or more individuals. The report includes:
- the name of the file that was used,
- the group name that the file was mapped to, and
- any identifiable error message.
TIP: This is a simple way to ensure that you are alerted to upload failures and can easily explore the details of the failure.
To enable the failure report and notifications:
- Log in to Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Integration Settings.
- In the Failure Report section:
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- Click into the Run Time field and choose a time.
- Specify the email address of the person to be notified; separate multiple email addresses with commas.
- Click Save and then click Close.
Replacing Thrive Marketing Enterprise records
Thrive Marketing Enterprise provides two options when uploading a Saved Search:
- Adding recipients - If add to existing list is selected, Thrive Marketing Enterprise will only add the records to the group with the records from the upload. Individual records will not be updated or overwritten.
- Replacing recipients - If Replace existing list is selected, Thrive Marketing Enterprise will replace the records in the group with the records from the upload. The records being removed are not deleted, only removed from the group (they remain in the database), and there is no impact on the historical data.
NOTE: The replace method can be made the default. To do so, submit a request to your Implementation Project Manager or create a case.
Replace Thrive Marketing Enterprise records
If Replace is selected (Thrive Marketing Enterprise’s default setting to overwrite existing data), based on the unique identifier will overwrite the corresponding data that exists in Thrive Marketing Enterprise. This can be particularly useful in instances where there is one database of record that is in the process of being constantly updated.
NOTE: Add to Group will not update individual records in Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
Thrive Marketing Enterprise upload jobs
An "upload job," in simple terms, is the method by which you move data from your AMS/CRM database into your Thrive Marketing Enterprise account. Upload jobs can be scheduled and they can be automated for maximum convenience and efficiency.
The Upload Jobs tab lists all of the upload jobs that have been created in your Thrive Marketing Enterprise account. You can manage (run, edit, delete) your upload jobs right on this tab.
To access the Upload Jobs tab:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- Click the name of your integration to access the Upload Jobs tab.
This section describes the upload job types, the columns of the Upload Job tab, and the on-page options so that you're ready to create an upload job, as described in the section that follows.
Real Magnet Upload Scheduler
The Real Magnet Upload Scheduler (RMUS) is your tool for creating and scheduling upload jobs. Your upload jobs automate the uploading of data from your integrated database into Thrive Marketing Enterprise. This is particularly beneficial if there are Saved Searches that you regularly send to.
- The RMUS is the Create Upload Job tab of the Settings > Integrations > [integration_name] Management tab in Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
Upload job types
Thrive Marketing Enterprise has three upload job types:
- Run Now runs once, when it is created.
- On Demand runs when the green Run icon is clicked or using the Sync on Send functionality. The upload job is deployed when a message is scheduled to send to the selected group.
- Scheduled runs on a schedule (either Daily or Weekly) and can be manually run by clicking the green Run icon. If the selected group is connected to an active campaign, the Hourly option is also available.
Upload Jobs tab
The Upload Jobs tab lists the upload jobs that have been created in your Thrive Marketing Enterprise account. The following table describes the columns and associated Admin actions.
|Distribution List Name||The name of the Distribution List that is being uploaded from your Association Anywhere database.|
|Date Created||The date that the upload job was created or most recently modified.|
|Job Type||The upload job type: Run Now, On Demand, or Scheduled.|
|Frequency||The frequency of a Scheduled upload job; Weekly jobs include the specified day of the week. This column is applicable to Scheduled jobs only.|
|Scheduled Time||Activity details (past and future) for the upload job.
- Start Time (Scheduled jobs only) - When the upload job is scheduled to start.
- Last Run - When the upload job was last run.
- Next Run (Scheduled jobs only) - When the upload job is next scheduled to run.
|Group Results||The group in Thrive Marketing Enterprise to which the Distribution List was uploaded and the results of the latest upload. Any errors that occur on upload will surface here.|
|Actions||The upload job management actions; refer to Icons legend, below.|
The following table describes the icons in the Actions column.
|Delete this upload job.|
|Edit this upload job. (On Demand and Scheduled jobs only.)|
|Run this upload job. (On Demand and Scheduled jobs only.)|
|Open the "reject report" dialog which has an option to download the list of rejected records in a text file.|
Create an upload job
To create an upload job:
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > ACGI Management.
- Click the Create Upload Job tab.
- Select a Distribution List and click Create Map.
- Select either View Entire Field List or One by One.
- Select which fields to upload to Thrive Marketing Enterprise. (Refer to Character limits, below, for character maximums.)
NOTE: There is a "single-use" policy applied to these fields. As each field in the integration field and Real Magnet field dropdowns is selected and mapped, it is removed from its list. Click the X to the right of the pair to remove that mapping and restore the fields.
- Click Create Schedule.
- Select either Create New Group or Add to Existing Group.
- If you select the "add" option, select either Add to existing group or Replace existing list.
- If the "update" option then displays, select either Do Not Update Existing Records (Only Add Records To Group) or Update Existing Records.
- Click Create.
- Select a frequency: Run Now, On Demand, or Scheduled.
- Click Submit.
Fields in the Thrive Marketing Enterprise system have the following character maximums. Make sure these are not exceeded when you are uploading records to Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
|Field Type||Character Limit|
|Email, Address 1, Address 2, all Custom Fields||100|
|First Name, Last Name, Phone, Fax, City, State, Zip Code||50|
|Enhanced Personalization Fields||250|
Association Anywhere - create Distribution Lists
Distribution Lists allow you to create a list to send a Thrive Marketing Enterprise email.
To create a Distribution List:
- Log in to Association Anywhere.
- Select Navigation.
- Select Admin.
- Select Mktg/Comm.
- Select E-Communications.
- Select Distribution Lists.
- Select Create New List and configure the following settings:
- List Type - Dynamic
- Network Availability - Extranet
- Email Category - External System
- Email Subcategory - Real Magnet
- Start Date - Today
- Enter your criteria for your Distribution List in SQL Text.
- Click Insert.
- Select Maintain Privileges.
- Click Public.
You must choose Public to ensure that the Distribution List is visible.
Association Anywhere - manually upload Distribution Lists to Thrive Marketing Enterprise
You may have users who want to upload .CSV files into the system, independent of the integration. When uploading a list within Thrive Marketing Enterprise, independent of the RMUS, a user should include the Customer ID and email address. Upon upload, the user should map the Customer ID column to the Custom Member ID field in Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
Association Anywhere - upload a Distribution List to Thrive Marketing Enterprise
All Distribution Lists that are transferred from Association Anywhere to Thrive Marketing Enterprise are referred to as an upload job. Upload jobs that are allowed via the integration are surfaced via Distribution Lists in Association Anywhere; these lists can be dynamic or static. But to ensure that your Thrive Marketing Enterprise group has the most accurate reflection of your Distribution List, you'll most likely want to choose dynamic.
For Distribution Lists to be present for the integration, the following is required:
- The start date must be today or earlier
- The availability of the Distribution List must be Public
- The Distribution List must contain Email Address and Customer ID
Association Anywhere's Distribution Lists will execute on-demand at the time of run from the Real Magnet Upload Scheduler (RMUS).
Association Anywhere - transfer Distribution Lists to Thrive Marketing Enterprise
Data can be transferred from Association Anywhere to Thrive Marketing Enterprise via a scheduled upload or one-time transfer from within Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
The RMUS is a feature of the integration that allows for automated uploads to the Thrive Marketing Enterprise system; it is useful in the event there are any Saved Searches that you send to on a regular basis. It allows the following upload job types:
- Run Now - This upload job will run once. Once completed, edits or changes cannot be made to this upload job.
- On Demand - This upload job will only run when the green play icon is clicked or using the Sync on Send functionality. This will deploy the upload job when a message is scheduled to send to the group attached to the upload job.
- Scheduled - This upload job will run on a scheduled basis, either daily or weekly, and can be manually run by clicking the green play button. When selecting a group connected to an active marketing automation campaign, this option can also upload groups on an hourly basis.
Association Anywhere - upload fields
The Association Anywhere integration with Thrive Marketing Enterprise can upload the following fields.
|Created Date||Address Type||Address - Province||Address - Region Description|
|Customer Type||Address Type Description||Address - Postal Code||Email Type|
|Login Id||Address (Preferred)||Address - Country Code||Email Type Description|
|Prefix Name||Address - Street1||Address - Country Description||Email (Preferred)|
|First Name||Address - Street2||Address - Country||Email (Address)|
|Middle Name||Address - Street3||Address - Latitude||Custom Id|
|Last Name||Address - City||Address - Longitude|
|Address Ser No||Address - State||Address - Region Code|