The Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise) Experient integration uses the Experient API in conjunction with Real Magnet's Universal Webservice.
- This integration is compatible with all Higher Logic-supported browsers.
Watch the video
TIP: Check out the Higher Logic Academy Paths page for product- and role-specific videos!
Who should read this guide?
This guide is for Thrive Marketing Enterprise users responsible for determining messaging and contact management guidelines. It assumes that you are familiar with:
- Using Thrive Marketing Enterprise
- Managing Show information in Experient
The following articles provide important information about your Thrive Marketing Enterprise integration.
- See Unique Identifiers: Email Address and Custom ID to learn about these unique IDs and their differences.
- See Integration Access Levels & Permissions to learn about the access levels for integration features and how you can set the access levels for your Admins.
Thrive Marketing Enterprise can automatically generate a failure report if an upload job fails and automatically send an email alert to one or more individuals. The report includes:
- the name of the file that was used,
- the group name that the file was mapped to, and
- any identifiable error message.
TIP: This is a simple way to ensure that you are alerted to upload failures and can easily explore the details of the failure.
To enable the failure report and notifications:
- Log in to Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Integration Settings.
- In the Failure Report section:
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- Click into the Run Time field and choose a time.
- Specify the email address of the person to be notified; separate multiple email addresses with commas.
- Click Save and then click Close.
Replacing Thrive Marketing Enterprise records
Thrive Marketing Enterprise provides two options when uploading a Saved Search:
- Adding recipients - If add to existing list is selected, Thrive Marketing Enterprise will only add the records to the group with the records from the upload. Individual records will not be updated or overwritten.
- Replacing recipients - If Replace existing list is selected, Thrive Marketing Enterprise will replace the records in the group with the records from the upload. The records being removed are not deleted, only removed from the group (they remain in the database), and there is no impact on the historical data.
NOTE: The replace method can be made the default. To do so, submit a request to your Implementation Project Manager or to Support.
If Replace is selected (Thrive Marketing Enterprise’s default setting to overwrite existing data), based on the unique identifier will overwrite the corresponding data that exists in Thrive Marketing Enterprise. This can be particularly useful in instances where there is one database of record that is in the process of being constantly updated.
NOTE: Add to Group will not update individual records in Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
Uploading an Experient Shows List to Thrive Marketing Enterprise
All Shows Lists that are transferred from Experient to Thrive Marketing Enterprise are referred to as an upload job. Upload jobs that are allowed via the integration are surfaced via the Experient API.
NOTE: To expose a Shows List that is not already available, contact your Experient representative or Project Manager.
For a Shows List to be present for the integration, it must be available to the API.
Experient's Shows Lists will execute on demand at the time of run from the Real Magnet Upload Scheduler (RMUS).
Transferring Shows Lists from Experient to Thrive Marketing Enterprise
Data can be transferred from Experient to Thrive Marketing Enterprise via a scheduled upload or one-time transfer from within Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
The RMUS is a feature of the integration that allows for automated uploads to the Thrive Marketing Enterprise system; it is extremely useful in the event there are any Saved Searches that you send to on a regular basis.
It allows the following upload job types:
- Run Now - This upload job will run once. Once completed, edits or changes cannot be made to this upload job.
- On Demand - This upload job will only run when the green play icon is clicked or using the Sync on Send functionality. This will deploy the upload job when a message is scheduled to send to the group attached to the upload job.
- Scheduled - This upload job will run on a scheduled basis, either daily or weekly, and can be manually run by clicking the green play button. When selecting a group connected to an active marketing automation campaign, this option can also upload groups on an hourly basis.
The RMUS can be accessed by logging into Thrive Marketing Enterprise and selecting Settings. The details below will cover all aspects of the RMUS.
The following table describes the icons in the Actions column.
|Delete this upload job.
|Edit this upload job. (On Demand and Scheduled jobs only.)
|Run this upload job. (On Demand and Scheduled jobs only.)
|Open the "reject report" dialog which has an option to download the list of rejected records in a text file.
Upload Jobs tab
The Upload Jobs tab lists the upload jobs that have been created in your Thrive Marketing Enterprise account.
- Trade Show - The name of the Shows List in Experient.
- Date Created - The date the upload job was created.
- Job Type - Whether the job is Run Now, On Demand, or Scheduled.
- Frequency - The frequency of the scheduled job, for Run Now and On Demand this will remain blank
- Scheduled time - The times the job has either completed or is scheduled to run next.
- Start Time (HH:MM) – The time the upload job is scheduled to start.
- Last Run (MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM) – The time the upload job was last executed and completed.
- Next Run (MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM) – The next scheduled time it is set to run.
- Group Results - The group in Thrive Marketing Enterprise the query was uploaded to and the results of the last upload, that includes the total number in the group and the number added. Any error that may occur on upload will surface here.
- Actions - The allowed actions a user can make to the upload job.
Create an upload job
To create an upload job:
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Experient Management.
- Click the Create Upload Job tab.
- Select a Shows List and click Create Map.
- Select either View Entire Field List or One by One.
- Select which fields to upload to Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
NOTE: There is a "single-use" policy applied to these fields. As each field in the integration field and Real Magnet field dropdowns is selected and mapped, it is removed from its list. Click the X to the right of the pair to remove that mapping and restore the fields.
- Click Create Schedule.
- Select either Create New Group or Add to Existing Group.
- If you select the "add" option, select either Add to existing group or Replace existing list.
- If the "update" option then displays, select either Do Not Update Existing Records (Only Add Records To Group) or Update Existing Records.
- Click Create.
- Select a frequency: Run Now, On Demand, or Scheduled.
- Click Submit.
Fields in Thrive Marketing Enterprise have the following character maximums. Make sure these are not exceeded when you are uploading records to Thrive Marketing Enterprise.
|Email, Address 1, Address 2, all Custom Fields
|First Name, Last Name, Phone, Fax, City, State, Zip Code
|Enhanced Personalization Fields