How successful are your mailings? How do they perform when compared to other similar organizations? Benchmarking is a way to compare your mailing activity results and to see if you are performing according to your industry’s standard. It’s also a great way to identify areas where you need to improve. While it's a good idea to compare your reporting results to your previous mailings, benchmarking allows you to make sure that you are not falling behind your industry peers.
Let's look at how to identify your benchmark.
Before you begin...
Before you see your industry benchmarks, you must tell Communications Professional your industry classification. Remember, this tells Communications Professional which industry you belong to so that we can apply the appropriate benchmarking to your account.
To do so:
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Set the classification for your account.
View Your Benchmarking Goals
- Navigate to Mailings > Reporting > Mailing Summary Report.
- Click the View Reports tab to see bar graphs representing the performance of your Delivery Rate, Open Rate, Click Rate, and Unsubscribe Rate.
- The white dotted line on each graph represents your benchmarking. This tells you the average performance rate of each statistic for your industry.
You can also view benchmarking for individual mailings by navigating to Mailings > View and then clicking the Sent tab. Click on the name of the desired mailing to view the Snapshot tab of the full reporting details. This will show the benchmarking for this individual mailing.
Reporting is one of Communications Professional's most powerful features, and this article only scratches the surface of what you can find. Always feel free to take a look at the finer details of reports - they provide you insights that you might otherwise be unable to discern. Additionally, check out the Support Center to learn even more about reporting.