Before you begin
- Review the Salesforce Integration Overview to answer general questions about the integration - more detailed information can be found in the Integration Guide.
- The Salesforce integration with Communications Enterprise will require a Systems Administration user - if you are already integrated with Salesforce for the Community platform, those credentials can be used for the Communications Enterprise platform. Notify your Implementation Project Manager or Support Representative.
- A standard Salesforce licensed user is required for this integration and the user password is recommended to be set to do not expire. This login can be a standalone login (recommended) or preexisting as all information related to the integration (tracking, new record creation) will be tied to this user
- The integration allows for you to connect your Salesforce Professional or higher account with multiple Communications Enterprise accounts.
- Ensure that your Communications Enterprise product is licensed for an integration - you can do this by confirming with your Implementation Project Manager or creating a case via support.higherlogic.com.
- Complete the Salesforce integration steps:
- Create the Salesforce user for Higher Logic:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permissions: System Administrator
- Reset Password Rules: Set to never expire
- Supply the following credentials to your implementation Project Manager or Support Representative:
- Salesforce Username
- Salesforce Org Name
- Salesforce Org ID
- Once your integration has been enabled - you can update the Integration Settings and enter the password.
Once the integration is completed:
- Review the integration documentation and learning materials.
- Create an upload job - in general, this upload job can be a master sync. The details for this Report or Campaign could be one of your largest from Salesforce or it could be a new report that looks for anyone with an email address.
- Enable tracking - initially the tracking information will sync for the last two weeks. We recommend that you select every tracking activity - this can be disabled at a later point.
- Configure the Salesforce Integration for Communications Enterprise.
If you would like to complete additional testing - notify the Implementation Project Manager or the Support Representative assisting and they can walk provide options.
Frequently asked questions
|Why are there multiple opens in my recipient’s activity history?||Communications Enterprise reports back gross opens. This means that each time a recipient opens the message, this record is scored and tracked.|
|Why are there multiple links in my recipient’s activity history?||Communications Enterprise reports back gross links.|
|Why is there an error when I attempt to upload a report?||Your report must contain the either of the following fields: Contact ID or Lead ID|
|When I select Upload Jobs it says that the API may be down, why?||Update the credentials for the Salesforce integration. To do so, follow the steps in the Initial Setup > Updating Salesforce Credentials section above.|
|Why is there no tracking data updating to my Salesforce?||Did you select tracking data? Log in to Communications Enterprise and then:
1. Select Tools.
2. Select Salesforce Management.
3. Select Manage Tracking.
4. elect the Tracking items to sync to Salesforce.
|Why is this individual record missing tracking information?||Ensure that individual is assigned a Contact or Lead ID. If the individual was uploaded outside of the Real Magnet Scheduler, you must ensure that it also has its Contact or Lead ID mapped to the Custom Member ID.
This is how the Salesforce platform identifies that individual in its database. If an individual is missing this information, no tracking information will push back for that recipient to Salesforce.
|Why am I getting the message: “This upload job has one or more groups to which you do not have access.”?||Do you have access to the group? If you have an Enterprise account, you will need to ensure that you have access to the group the Upload Job is connected to, or ensure that the group has not been archived.|
|Why can’t I see the Communications Enterprise Marketing Automation window on my record?||Has the Marketing Automation component been installed in your Salesforce account, and is it active in your Communications Enterprise account?
If yes, you may need to grant permissions to pop-ups in your browser, as the application does employ a pop-up to the Real Magnet site.
|What happens if the tracking data portion is canceled mid-stream?||Communications Enterprise logs the failure and re-attempts to send the data to Salesforce.|