There are a few things you should do to set up and start using your Higher Logic Community.
To guide you, we have compiled this series of articles to help you get started!
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
In this article...
Higher Logic Community provides a moderation feature that admins can use to make sure that user-contributed content is appropriate for display in their communities. Admins can review new content -- before it is made public -- and then approve it...or not.
- If content is approved, it is immediately publicly available where the user posted it.
- If the content is rejected, the rejection must be explained. Optionally, the user can be notified and have the option to revise and resubmit the content.
In Community, you can set up moderation at three levels.
Moderate an individual user
This option gives Community Admins, Super Admins, and Community Moderators the ability to review all of the moderated user's Discussion posts, Blog posts, Ideation posts, and Library Entries. To learn more, see Moderate Users.
- This is accessible in the Admin interface: Users > List.
Moderate an individual community
This option gives Community Admins, Super Admins, and Community Moderators the opportunity to review new Discussion posts and Library Entries. To learn more, see Manage a Community's Moderation Queue.
- This is accessible via an individual community's Home page: Settings > Moderation.
Moderate all communities in a site
In the Admin interface, Super Admins can access a global moderation queue to easily view all moderated content across their Community site. This includes Discussion and Q&A threads, Library Entries, Blog posts, and Ideation posts. To learn more, see Manage Your Site's Moderation Queue.
- This is accessible in the admin interface: Community > Moderation > Queue.
Moderation watch words
Community includes a feature that enables you to establish a list of moderation watch words. Watch words are words, terms, and expressions that are deemed offensive, profane, or in some way incendiary. Community will automatically scan Discussion posts, Blog posts, Ideation posts, and Library Entries (titles and descriptions) looking for these words, and take one of the following actions when it finds them.
- Moderate - An occurrence of a watch word will trigger an alert to an Admin to review the context of the word and then allow or reject it.
- Replace - An occurrence of a watch word will be automatically replaced with four asterisks (****), without the need for Admin review or action.
NOTE: You can add watch words individually or upload a list ("bulk add") into your community. To learn more, see Moderation Watch Words.
- This is set up in the admin interface, in Community > Moderation > Watch Words.
The Moderate Users & Content section of our knowledge base has additional information on Moderation.