NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
In this article, you'll learn the initial set-up steps of an email message. After completing these steps, see Message Editor Overview for detailed information on the sections and options of the Message Editor and how to use them to design and add content to a new email message.
Set up a Message
- Navigate to the Messages tab.
- Click Create New.
- In the resulting pop-up:
- Give your new message an appropriate name.
- Select the message category you want to create it under.
- Select the folder you want to create it in.
- Click Create.
- Choose a template as the basis for your message.
NOTE: Marketing Automation Enterprise (MA Enterprise) offers numerous templates to choose from, and most email messages can be built on at least one. Even if you don't use every aspect of a template, it can still often provide a great foundation to build on.
Choose a Template for your Message
On the Select Email Template page, click:
- Preview to see a preview of the template
- Select to choose a template
You have three template-selection options:
- Select Blank Canvas to build a brand new message without a template as the foundation.
- Select one of the templates that are provided in your account by MA Enterprise. These pre-designed templates enable you to create professional looking messages with minimal effort. You can click the dropdown to select a template category (Communications, Finance, and Healthcare are a few) and then view the associated message templates.
- Select one of your organization's "custom" templates. (These should display when you arrive on the selection page. If they don't, select Your Templates from the dropdown.) These templates were created in and are unique to your organization. They offer quick access to a consistent on-brand appearance for your organization's email campaigns (e.g., welcome outreach, member renewals, calls to action).
NOTE: Your organization's custom templates must be published in order to be available on the Select Email Template page.
TIP: See Create a Template to learn how to create custom templates in your MA Enterprise account.
The benefit of using a template is that much of the detailed designing is already done. Images have been added to banners; headings and sub-headings have been configured with fonts, sizes, and formatting; text boxes and footer layout have been setup. The "leg work" has been done for you; all you have to do is add the content that is specific to your message for this specific mailing.
The variety of pre-loaded MA Enterprise templates means you're sure to find one that will suit your needs. Remember: You don't have to use every aspect of a template. If you find one that's close to what you need, use it as the foundation and then customize it!