NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a new email message using the Message Editor.
- Navigate to the Messages tab.
- Click Create New.
- In the resulting pop-up:
- Give your new message an appropriate name.
- Select the message category you want to create it under.
- Select the folder you want to create it in.
- Click Create.
- At this point, you have three options:
- Select Blank Canvas to build a message from scratch (ideal if you want ultimate design freedom).
- Create a professional looking message with minimal effort using one of our pre-built templates. Select one of the template categories from the menu to view their associate message templates. There are numerous templates to choose from, and typically at least one is suitable for most message types. Even if you don't use every aspect of a template, it can still often provide a great foundation to build upon.
- Create a message using one of your organization's custom templates (select Your Templates from the menu). These are templates you or another administrator have created to facilitate quick and consistent on-brand messaging for specific types of email campaigns (e.g., welcome outreach, member renewals, calls to action, etc.). See Create a Template to learn how to create custom templates.
NOTE: Custom templates must be published before they'll appear here.
Now that your message is created, it's time to add the content you want to send to your recipients. See Message Editor Overview to learn how to use the Message Editor to craft your message.