View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
Templates are an ideal way for organizations to create time-saving messages time and time again with minimal effort. Rather than creating one-off emails for your important messaging week after week and month after month, take the time to plan your email campaigns so you know the types of messages you'll be sending on a regular basis. Then, create templates for each type (e.g., welcome outreach, member renewals, calls to action, etc.).
In this article, you'll learn how to create a message template using the Message Editor.
- Navigate to the Messages tab.
- Click Message Assets in the left-hand panel, followed by Templates.
- On the resulting page, click Create New.
- In the resulting pop-up:
- Give your new template an appropriate name and description.
- Check the Lock Themes box if you don't want users to be able to use Color Themes with this template (administrators and those with permission will still be able to).
- Check the Transactional Template box to make this a transactional template. See Transactional Messages to learn more about these types of messages.
- Click Create.
At this point, you'll be taken to the Message Editor where you'll need to set the pixel width of your message Canvas (i.e., the area where you'll add your message content). As indicated in the note, if you're planning to use a banner image in your message, you'll generally want to make the width match your banner.
Now that you're template is created, you'll want to learn how to add content, save and publish your template, use your template when creating a new message, and set template permissions.
- See Message Editor Overview
- See Save & Publish a Template
- See Create a Message Using a Template
- See Template Permissions