Action-based target groups enable you to target mailings or a group of subscribers based on their activities within Communications Professional. This information is really helpful when you want to narrow your targeting to pinpoint specific behaviors that your subscribers exhibit.
- Those who Opened a Specific Mailing
- Those who Opened Any Mailing over Period of Time
- Those who Did not Open a Specific Mailing
- Those who Did not Open Any Mailings over Period of Time
- Those who opened mailings within a Recent Time Period
- Those who clicked a Specific Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who clicked a Specific Link in any Mailing
- Those who clicked Any Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who clicked Any Link in Any Mailing
- Those who Did Not Click Any Links over a Period of Time
- Those who Clicked Any Links over a Period of Time
- Those who Clicked a Link in a Mailing within a Recent Time Period
- Those who Used Send-to-Friend over Period of Time
NOTE: As of December, 2019, Higher Logic no longer offers or supports this feature that inherently presents a possible GDPR-compliance risk to customers. See our Product Update post for additional details.
- Those who Clicked a Specific Ad Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who Clicked Any Ad Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who Clicked Any Ad Link in Any Mailing
NOTE: There are additional integrated options if you have the Surveys, Events, or Fundraising modules.
Create an Action-based Target Group
- Navigate to Subscribers > Target Groups.
- Click Create.
- Select Action-Based from the menu.
- Click Create in the pop-up.
- Enter a Name for your target group in the corresponding field. Then, click the Folder dropdown list to select a folder for your target group.
- Click Next.
- Select the type of action you want to work with. Unavailable actions are grayed out and cannot be selected.
- Click Next to continue.
- Depending on the action you selected, you'll then be prompted to select a mailing and/or hyperlink. For example, if you chose Clicked a Specific Custom Link in a Specific Mailing, you'll be prompted to select a mailing.
- You'll also be prompted to select the link for the target group to use.
- If you're creating an action-based target group that relies on dates, select the date range.
- Click Update to complete the process. Your new action-based target group will appear under your list of action-based target groups, and can be used to target mailings or to create compound target groups.