Action-based target groups enable you to target mailings or a group of subscribers based on their activities within Marketing Automation Professional. This information is really helpful when you want to narrow your targeting to pinpoint specific behaviors that your subscribers exhibit.
- Those who Opened a Specific Mailing
- Those who Opened Any Mailing over Period of Time
- Those who Did not Open a Specific Mailing
- Those who Did not Open Any Mailings over Period of Time
- Those who opened mailings within a Recent Time Period
- Those who clicked a Specific Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who clicked a Specific Link in any Mailing
- Those who clicked Any Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who clicked Any Link in Any Mailing
- Those who Did Not Click Any Links over a Period of Time
- Those who Clicked Any Links over a Period of Time
- Those who Clicked a Link in a Mailing within a Recent Time Period
- Those who Used Send-to-Friend over Period of Time
- Those who Clicked a Specific Ad Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who Clicked Any Ad Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who Clicked Any Ad Link in Any Mailing
NOTE: There are additional integrated options if you have the Surveys, Events, or Fundraising modules.
Create an Action-based Target Group
- Navigate to Subscribers > Target Groups.
- Click Create.
- Select Action-Based from the menu.
- Click Create in the pop-up.
- Enter a Name for your target group in the corresponding field. Then, click the Folder dropdown list to select a folder for your target group.
- Click Next.
- Select the type of action you want to work with. Unavailable actions are grayed out and cannot be selected.
- Click Next to continue.
- Depending on the action you selected, you'll then be prompted to select a mailing and/or hyperlink. For example, if you chose Clicked a Specific Custom Link in a Specific Mailing, you'll be prompted to select a mailing.
- You'll also be prompted to select the link for the target group to use.
- If you're creating an action-based target group that relies on dates, select the date range.
- Click Update to complete the process. Your new action-based target group will appear under your list of action-based target groups, and can be used to target mailings or to create compound target groups.