Not every subscriber is necessarily appropriate for a campaign. The Exclude Subscribers feature allows you to specify Target Groups and/or email addresses to exclude from a campaign. Let's learn how to use this function.
- Navigate to the Campaign Designer > Activate tab.
- Click the radio button that corresponds to how you wish to add subscribers, and then click Edit next to the Exclude field.
- From the menu, select either Do not include in campaign or Remove from campaign.
- Use the checkboxes to determine whether to exclude based on Target Groups, Specific Email Addresses, or both .
- Next, select either Do not include in campaign or Remove from campaign:
- Do not include in campaign - When the campaign looks for subscribers to add to the campaign, subscribers matching a filter are not added. However, if at some point they no longer match the filter, they are then added to the campaign within five minutes of the change (i.e., this is a temporary exclusion).
- Remove from campaign - Subscribers in the campaign matching a filter are immediately moved to the campaign's Stop step. This is a permanent removal.