Testing is an important step of the campaign-creation process. To verify that all of a campaign's steps are working as expected, you should always put at least one person through the campaign as a tester, before adding real subscribers to the live campaign – you may need to put a tester through the campaign multiple times to verify all possible campaign paths. You can stop a test at any time by clicking Stop Test in the Flow tab.
When in test mode, each Wait step takes ten minutes, while all other steps are processed as the tester moves through the campaign. While testing campaigns is a time investment, testing your campaigns is a best-practice, and a worthwhile investment to ensure campaign efficacy.
- Navigate to Automation > Campaigns > View to access your campaigns.
- Hover over the icon to the left of the campaign you want to test select Edit.
- Navigate to the Test tab.
- Enter the email addresses of the individuals you want to test the campaign in the provided text field, and then click Begin Test.
- If a campaign is being tested, you can navigate back to the In Progress tab and select View Test.
- On the Flow tab of the Test view, you can see each step of the campaign, and you can see which testers are in which step of the campaign by looking for the number bubbles above the steps. You can click Add Tester in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to add additional testers. Alternatively, navigate back to Campaigns > View, and in the In Progress tab, hover over the icon for a campaign that's being tested, and select Add Test Subscriber.