If Redeemable Rewards is configured on your community site, users are awarded Volunteer Engagement Points when they complete a volunteer opportunity.
Users can redeem these accrued points for real money or rewards, and this gamification feature acts as an incentive to spur engagement across your community site.
NOTE: While Higher Logic is the platform on which users accumulate these points, users must redeem them on an external platform (such as Tango Card), so this feature requires a relationship with an external platform. If you have any questions, create a case.
Super Admins can manage these redeemable points (see Engagement Criteria & Points), who can earn these redeemable points, and other configurations that meet their organization's preferences.
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Engagement > Redeemable Points.
Set up a Rewards campaign
If you're setting up a campaign for the first time, click Create Campaign to configure your reward campaign's settings:
- Decide who can earn them by selecting one or more Security Groups from the first menu.
- Set how many points equates to $1.00 USD (e.g., if you select 10, 10 points = $1).
- Select the point minimum necessary for redemption. For example, if you select 100, users must accrue 100 points before they can redeem. This also means that if a user has 350 points, they can redeem three times (unless a redemption limit is in place), at 100 points each, and will be left with 50 points.
- Decide whether you want to impose a redemption limit, and if so, how many times each user is allowed to redeem.
- If your organization has a volunteer program, you can set a weight multiplier for volunteer points. Some organizations do this to provide extra incentive to participate in its volunteer program.
- Decide whether email notifications are sent to users when they reach the minimum points for redemption.
- Decide whether an email notification is sent to Super Admins when a user redeems a reward so they can quickly finalize the process. Select the Super Admin(s) responsible for this task in the menu below.
When finished, click Save to start your reward campaign. A summary of your configuration is shown for easy review.
Edit a campaign
Campaign editing is limited while active: you can only update the minimum points required for redemption and whether email notifications are sent out. To update the other settings, you first need to stop the campaign, which you can do by selecting End Campaign from the menu. Then, click Edit and make your changes.
End a campaign
Stopping a campaign is simple: just select End Campaign from the menu and confirm this action in the resulting dialog.
The campaign becomes inactive but its configuration settings remain in place, and it can be started again at any time by selecting Start Campaign from the same menu. You'll have an opportunity to make any changes to the campaign before starting it again.
NOTE: Users won't earn points on the day the campaign is stopped and will not accrue points until the next campaign. If a user has reached the minimum points for redemption, they'll still be able to redeem their points.
From your user profile, select My Contributions > Redeemable Rewards.
From here, you can see how many points you've accrued, the minimum needed for a reward, and your recent reward activity. Once you earn enough points, click Redeem to "cash them in." An administrator will be notified of your redemption and will reach out to you shortly.
TIP: You'll receive an email notification as soon as you accrue the minimum points for a reward, ensuring you don't forget!
Super Admins can manually add/subtract a user's reward points. To do so:
- Navigate to their profile.
- Select My Contributions > Redeemable Rewards.
- Click Manage User's Reward Points.
- Select the appropriate adjustment option, enter the number to add or subtract in the associated field.
- Click Save to finalize the change.