Link Labels are labels assigned to email links to help identify recipients who click specific links across messages. You can create as many Link Labels as needed, with examples being “Product X,” “Annual Meeting,” “Advertiser,” “Marketing,” “Newsletters,” etc.
As an example, let's say you have three messages, and in each message you have a link to your product page. You want to set a trigger that sends a follow-up email to recipients who click any link in any email that takes them to your product page. Using Link Labels, you can “label” each of the links with the label “Product Page” and then set the trigger on the “Product Page” Link Label itself.
Using Link Labels
Link Labels can be used in a variety of different ways in Marketing Automation Enterprise (MA Enterprise) campaigns:
- As a campaign goal - Send a series of emails until a recipient clicks one of your product promotion links, and then stop sending campaign emails.
- Criteria for campaign enrollment - Automatically add any recipient who clicks a “Product Page” Link Label to a welcome campaign so they'll start receiving a series of timed messages.
- Criteria for being “Engaged” - Consider any recipient engaged who clicks a “Newsletter” link in any of my last three emails.
Managing Link Labels
To create and manage your Link Labels:
- Navigate to the Automation tab.
- Click Manage Link Labels in the left sidebar.
- In the pop-up, you can:
- Click Add New to create a new Link Label.
- Select a Link Label and click Edit Label to update it's name and/or description.
- Select a Link Label and click Show Recipients to see every recipient who has clicked a link with that label. This enables you to easily filter across your entire database to find specific groups of users who have clicked specific links. From here, you can also add these recipients to a specific group and export them to a .csv file.
- Select a Link Label and click Delete to remove it.
Assigning a Link Label to an email link
You can assign Link Labels using the Message Editor when creating and editing your messages:
- Highlight the text you want to be your link.
- Click Insert Link in the toolbar.
- Select your desired link type (you can't assign Link Labels to Anchor Tag and Email link types).
- Enter your URL, and then click Select Link Label.
- Select your desired Link Label(s), and click Select.
Enrolling recipients based on Link Labels
All users who have clicked a Link Label can easily be enrolled in a campaign. When creating or editing a campaign, select the Recipients who click a link label enrollment option, and then click the Select Link Label(s) link to the right to choose your Link Label(s).
NOTE: When editing a campaign, click the Add Members block to choose your member enrollment option.