Imagine that you've created several target groups for your organization's annual conference. Some are compounds, some are action-based, and still others came from web tracking and Landing Page interactions. In fact, because you have this near-perfect set at your command, every conference mailing was flawlessly targeted. Engagement improved, your conference attendance increased dramatically, and you received amazing kudos from all of your colleagues.
And then you moved to the next project, forgetting these target groups existed...
Fortunately, all accounts can enable a feature that automatically deletes unused target groups after a user-specified timeframe (the default is 13 months).
NOTE: Effective May 20th 2019, this setting will be turned on for ALL accounts that didn't previously have it enabled, and the deletion window will be set to 13 months. Each week, a notification email is sent to the designated people letting them know what was deleted; by default, the email address selected to receive this email will be the user who has created the most mailings over the past six months. If needed, you can update who should receive this email. If, after May 20th, you don't want your unused Target Groups deleted, uncheck the Active box to disable this setting.
Activate Automatic Cleanup
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings and scroll down to the Target Group Automatic Cleanup heading.
- Check the Active box to turn on the feature.
- Use the first dropdown lists to select a Number and Timeframe (days/months/years). Click the next dropdown list to select the target group types to delete. You can specify Interests, Compounds, Interests & Compounds, or All Types of target groups.
- Any target group (of the specified type) that is unused for this timeframe is automatically deleted.
- Target groups identified for removal are deleted automatically during a weekly behind-the-scenes process every Sunday at 6:00 am Eastern Time.
Enter any email addresses for individuals to notify when the process deletes a target group.
Is deletion permanent?
See Target Group Cleanup Details to learn how each target group type is affected by this cleanup.