If you have bilingual subscribers or target groups, you can offer the "same mailing" in an additional language While behind the scenes you've created two distinct mailings, to the recipients, there is one mailing with an alternative option included. Let's take a look.
In this example, you'll create two versions of the mailing, one in English and one in French. Use the template based on the language (you'll have two versions of the template, English and French).
- After your mailings are complete, publish both mailings to yourself.
- In the Mailing Designer Set-Up tab, click the To field.
- Select the Enter a list of email addresses for the entire mailing option.
- Enter your email address in the field, as shown.
- In the Send tab, send each version of the mailing to yourself (English and French). Now that each mailing has been sent, you'll have an Archived Mailing. You can then link each mailing to the alternative mailing (the one in the different language).
- Navigate to Mailings > View > Sent tab. Locate the two sent mailings.
- Hover over the menu icon and select Copy for both mailings. This creates a new copy in the In Progress tab.
- Open the new copies in the In Progress tab.
- In the Mailing Designer Set-up tab, click the Template Edit icon to update the template.
- Highlight the alternate language link and click the Insert Hyperlink icon to edit it.
- In the Insert Hyperlink window, click the Hyperlink Type menu and select Archived Mailing. Next, click the Archived Mailing menu and select the alternate language version.
- Click Update to update the template and return to the mailing.
Repeat this process for both mailings.