Higher Logic Informz web archive feature allows you to create an archive of mailings that you have published from your Informz account. This web archive is publicly visible and can be embedded on your organization’s website (each web archive has a link that you can use on your website to allow visitors to read your newsletters and other published mailings) or it can be hosted via Informz.
You can create as many web archives as you need for your different mailing types.
NOTE: Web archives are different than the web version of a mailing. The web version references the template in real-time, while the archive provides a “preserved” copy of the mailing that does not change (even if the template changes).
Create an Archive
- Navigate to Mailings > Options > Web Archives.
- Click Add Web Archive.
- Complete the fields to configure your archive:
- Archive Name - Select a name that represents this "container" well
- Form Branding - Select an existing form branding to format the display of the web archive page.
- Sorting Criteria - Archive entries can be sorted by Mailing Name or by Publish Date and in Ascending or Descending order.
- Click Update to save the web archive.
At this point the web archive exists, but it's empty. The next step is to populate the web archive with mailings.
Add Mailings to an Archive
- Click the Mailings button associated to your newly created archive.
- Click the Add Mailing to Web Archive button.
- Complete the fields to add mailings to your archive:
- Display Name - Create a reader-friendly name for this particular mailing.
- Mailing - Select a mailing from the menu of past mailings. Mailings can also be searched by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- Active Status - Select Active to make this mailing visible in the web archive.
- Expiration - Select one of the two options. Selecting Story expires presents options for selecting the expiration date and time.
- Click Update to save and close this window.
Manage a Web Archive
- Click Modify to change the display name of the archive or the sorting method.
- Click Mailings to add additional mailings to an archive at any time.
- Click View to view the archive's mailings.
- Click Copy or Delete to copy or delete an archive.
- To share the archive with anyone, copy the link in the URL column and send them the link.
NOTE: You can link to web archives in your mailings.
Find an Archive's URL
Once you’ve created a web archive and added mailings, you’ll need the URL to link to it. This is found on the main web archive page next to the corresponding web archive.
Link to Archived Mailings
To insert a link to an archived mailing, begin in the HTML Editor.
- Highlight the text you want to become the link and click the Insert/Edit Hyperlink button in the toolbar.
- From the Hyperlink Type menu, select Archived Mailing. You can link to a single mailing or the entire archive.
- From the Archived Mailing menu, select a specific archived mailing.
- Enter a name for the mailing.
- Optionally, check the Protected box to make the link password protected.
- Click Insert Hyperlink.