If you've ever created a mailing and tested it in Outlook 2013's or 2016's desktop platforms, you might have come across a story that looks similar to the one below.
Notice that the left side of the text has been cutoff by the image. This happens when the text in a parent table tries to wrap around an image, but the parent table doesn't have an alignment set for the text.
Follow the steps below to fix this.
Fix a text-cutoff issue
To fix this issue, you'll have to set the parent table's text alignment (i.e., left- or right-align the first table in your story).
- Open the mailing and select the story that has the issue.
- Select the parent table in the HTML path along the bottom of the HTML editor window.
- Click the Table menu in the toolbar and select Table Properties.
- Click the Alignment dropdown and select either Left or Right alignment.
- Click Ok to save your changes.
Now, when you test your mailing again in Outlook 2013 or 2016, the story should render properly, as shown below.
If you're comfortable making changes to your code, the image below shows the code highlighted in Higher Logic Informz. By adding align=”left” or align="right" to the table style, you'll fix the issue.