Many of the templates in the Template Gallery have pre-inserted images that complement the design and layout of the template, but these images can be replaced.
TIP: See Template Gallery Overview for an overview of the Template Gallery.
After you have imported a template into your account, you can customize it to suit your needs — this customizing includes replacing those pre-inserted images with your own. All you have to do is upload your images to your account's Asset Manager so that they're available for insertion into templates and messages.
Things to note about images in templates:
- The pre-inserted images (in the Template Gallery templates) are not in your account's Asset Manager and so do not affect it.
- You cannot edit a template's images; you can only replace them.
- If you want to use an image from a Template Gallery template in one of your customized templates, copy the image URL and paste it into the Image URL field (of the Insert Image dialog) when editing your template.
Replace an image
To replace a template image:
- Hover over the menu icon of the template that you want to modify and select HTML.
- In the HTML editor, click to select the image you want to replace.
- Click the Insert/Edit Image icon on the editor toolbar.
- In the Insert Image dialog, click the folder icon to open Asset Manager.
- Select the image you want to add and click Insert.
The image URL displays in the Insert Image dialog (along with the dimensions, alignment, etc.).
- Click Insert to add your new image.
- Click Update to save the replacement image in the template.