The Messages Sent page lists all the messages that have been sent from your Communications Professional account. You can manage (e.g., track, edit, copy, delete) your Sent Messages right on this list page.
NOTE: Most of the management actions must be performed on an individual message. However, the page has a multi-select feature that you can use with the Move, Delete, and Compare options only.
Access your Sent Messages
To access the Sent Messages list:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > List.
- To the right of the page title, click the down arrow and select Sent.
List pages tips
When working on list pages, remember:
- Click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order.
- Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view (refer to List columns, below).
- On this page, you can click-and-drag a column divider in the list header to resize the width of the column; the new widths will remain in effect until you change/re-size them.
Sent Messages actions & options
This article focuses on the actions that are specific to managing the Messages on this list page.
NOTE: The options that are available in the upper right of the page (Calendar, Folders, Search) are identical on all Messages list pages and are described in Manage Messages (Communications Professional).
Sent Messages actions are accessible via the buttons and menu options shown below.
Multi-select message actions
Most of these actions can be taken on individual messages only, but the page has a multi-select feature that you can use to move, delete, and compare messages. In fact, the Compare option isn't available unless several messages are selected.
The three multi-select actions are available from the flyout panel only; Move and Delete no longer display above the list.
After you've selected two messages:
- The Select All/Deselect All checkbox appears next to Name in the header row. Check the box to select and act on all messages in the current list view.
- With messages selected, you can navigate to additional list pages. If you do, note that:
- Messages you've already selected will remain selected.
- Message checkboxes on the subsequent list pages will be unselected but available.
When you've selected multiple messages, the following three actions are available in the flyout panel.
- Click Move to move the messages to a different folder. In the dialog, select a folder and click Move.
- Click Delete to delete the messages. At the confirmation prompt, click Delete. (This action is irreversible.) If you click Cancel, the dialog closes and the messages are automatically deselected.
- Click Compare to access the Mailing Activity Report in which the selected messages are presented for comparison. See Mailing Activity Report to learn more.
How to multi-select Messages
To select multiple, non-consecutive messages:
- Select a message.
- Press and hold the Ctrl (Windows) or command (Mac) key.
- Select each of the additional messages that you want to manage.
To select multiple, consecutive messages:
- Select a message.
- Press and hold the Shift key (Windows and Mac).
- Select click the last message in the consecutive run that you want to manage.
TIP: You can combine these methods to select/deselect groups of and individual messages.
On this page, you can add and remove columns in order to customize the list with exactly the data you want to see.
- Name is hard-coded to display; you cannot hide this column.
- Template, Subject, Sent (date and time), and Folder display by default; however, like the other columns, you can show/hide these at will.
- Changes to the displayed/hidden columns will remain in effect until you change them, even if you navigate away from the page.
On this page, you can click-and-drag a column divider in the list header to resize the width of the column; the new widths will remain in effect until you change/re-size them.
The Preview Panel
When you select a message, its dedicated Preview Panel opens on the right and displays additional details about the message.
The funnel is a dynamic snapshot of the message's latest engagement statistics so that you can quickly assess your recipients' engagement with the message.
- Click the message again to deselect it and close the Preview Panel, or click the X on the Panel.
Understand funnel statistics
The funnel has four metrics with the latest counts and percentages:
|Sent||The number of recipients the message was sent to.|
|Delivered||The number of successful deliveries.
This aligns with the # Delivered column.
|Opened||The number of recipients who opened the message.
This aligns with the Unique Opens column, not the Total Opens column.
|Clicked||The number of recipients who clicked a link in the message. Remember, a 0 value could indicate that either: the message has no links or none of its links were clicked.
This aligns with the Unique Clicks column, not the Total Clicks column.
EXAMPLE: The funnel in this image indicates that 42 messages were sent, but the 37 bounces (18 soft and 19 hard) resulted in only 5 being delivered.
Sent Messages reports
When it comes to tracking how your messages are performing, two reports are available:
- Mailing Activity Report focuses on the various details of an individual message.
- Message Summary Reports offer a high-level view of all your messages, and you can apply filters to refine the data.
Let's learn how to access these reports.
Track individual messages
To access the Mailing Activity Report:
- Select a message and then click Track.
NOTE: You must select a message in order to enable the Track button.
You are automatically navigated to the Mailing Activity Report for the selected message.
TIP: See Mailing Activity Report for a deeper dive into the information in this report.
Track all your messages
To access the Message Summary Reports:
- Click the Reports icon above the list.
You are automatically navigated to the Message Summary Reports page.
TIP: See Message Summary Report Overview for more information about these reports.
Edit, delete, copy, & move Sent Messages
These options are not enabled by default. You must select a message to enable them.
- Click a message to select it.
- Refer to the following table for options and their actions.
|Edit||Open the message in the Designer. See Create Messages (MD2).|
|Delete||Delete the message. At the confirmation prompt, click Delete.
WARNING: This action is irreversible.
|More > Copy||Make a copy of the message.
In the dialog, give the copy a unique name and click Copy.
|More > Move||Move the message to a different folder.
In the dialog, select a folder and click Move.
|More > Emergency Link Change||Replace a tracked link in the message.
In the dialog, replace an existing URL with a preferred one and click Update.
TIP: To learn more about this option, see Emergency Link Change Option.
|More > Web Version||View the web version of the message in a new tab.|
Export the list of Messages
You can export the list of messages from this page to a CSV file.
The exported file will contain all of the list columns, irrespective of which currently display on the page.
To export the list:
- Click the export icon in the upper right.
- Navigate to where you want to store the file, give it a memorable name, and click Save.
TIP: Navigate to the saved file and review it.