The Brazilian General Data Protection Law (Law) went into effect September 2020 and was made enforceable in August 2021.
The Law provides imposed requirements regarding security and the processing of personal data and other obligations on service providers, networks, and applications providers, and provides rights for Internet users under circumstances outlined by the Law.
The Law ensures the following rights:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to correct incomplete, inaccurate, or out-of-date data
- The right to anonymization, blocking, or deletion of unnecessary or excessive data or data processed in noncompliance with the provisions of this Law
- The right to portability of your data to another service provider or product provider
- The right to deletion of personal data processed with the consent of the data subject, except in the situations provided in Art. 16 of this Law
- The right to information about public and private entities with which the controller has shared data
- The right to information about the possibility of denying consent, and the consequences of such denial
- The right to revocation of consent as provided
How Higher Logic helps your organization
- Our platforms provide compliance tools so that your organization can honor privacy-rights inquiries and data-deletion requests. Documentation on how these tools function can be found with our current GDPR resource page HERE.