Using a compound target group is an easy way to:
- combine two or more target groups into one,
- exclude subscribers from a target group,
- or require subscribers to meet the criteria of multiple target groups in order to better segment your list.
A compound target group can also be used to combine target group information from different sources. For example, renewal information from your AMS/CRM, mailing activity from Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional), web tracking from your web site, and even activity from your Higher Logic community can all be combined in a compound target group.
Create a Compound Target Group
- Navigate to Subscribers > Target Groups.
- Click Create.
- Select Action-Based from the menu.
- Click Create in the pop-up.
- Enter a Name for your target group in the corresponding field. Then, click the Folder dropdown list to select a folder for your target group.
- Select the target groups from the folders you want added to or excluded from the compound (to select more than one group at a time, hold down the Ctrl key and then click each target group).
- Click Include or Exclude to place the target group in the desired part of the compound.
- Once all the target groups have been added, make sure you've select the appropriate options of In all or In one or more.
- Selecting In all creates a compound of subscribers that are in all of the selected target groups you've selected.
- Selecting In one or more creates a compound of subscribers that are found in any of the selected target groups.
- Click Create Target Group to save the new compound.
While the mechanics behind a compound target group are fairly simple, the potential impact on your marketing and outreach is huge. Incorporating a variety of interactions, conversion, and touch points - as represented by membership in a target group - propels your campaigns to be laser focused and optimized using all the data available to you.