Profile Fields are where you store attributes about your subscribers. These include free-form fields, called personal information, and picklists, called demographic categories. You can also create flags to indicate if a subscriber is a member of an interest group or an opt-out group.
From the Subscribers > Profile Fields page, you can create the following field types:
- Personal Info is a field that accommodates a variety of data types. It is used as a personalization field in mailings, and can be used for targeting too.
- A Demographic Category is a field that has a limited set of values. A few examples would be gender, state, or country.
- An Interest is a way to organize your subscribers. It is also a way for you to build an interest-based target group to use as a list to send mailings to.
- Opt-outs are a way for subscribers to indicate they wish to stop receiving a certain type of mailing, as opposed to universally unsubscribing from all your mailings.
Filtering Profile Fields
- To filter which field types display, select a type from the menu on the right.
You can also change the size of the field icons using the two buttons highlighted below.
NOTE: The larger view will show you the default value for personal info and demographics.
Each page shows a maximum of 500 fields. If you have more than 500, you'll be able to view these additional pages using the page numbers at the bottom of the page.
Interests on Landing Pages
If an interest has been added to a landing page and then gets unchecked here, that interest will be automatically removed from all subsequent uses of that landing page. Recheck the interest to re-add it to the landing page.