You can attach a PDF to a transactional mailing as the transactional document itself (such as a bill, invoice, or receipt). Higher Logic Informz generates the PDF attachment from one of two sources: the attachment template and the recipient data file or the SQL View containing the information to be merged into the attachment template.
Create an Attachment Template
- Navigate to Mailings > Transactional > Templates > Attachment.
- Click Create Attachment Template.
The Modify Attachment Template page opens.
- Enter the following information:
- Attachment Template Name
- Folder - The destination folder where the template resides.
- Template - Use the HTML editor to create an attachment template.
Note that all codes with the %%TM code (or %%INVOICE for older templates) are replaced with transactional data (click the Personalization icon and select Transactional Mailing as the personalization type to find a list of these codes).
- PDF Properties - Informz automatically creates a PDF that merges all specified transactional data. This section lets you customize parameters of that PDF with elements such as File Name, Page Orientation, and Title.
- Click Create to create your attachment template.
Personalize the Attachment
You can use personalization data in the file name of the Informz-generated PDF. This let's you create something unique for each recipient. For example, if you want to use the first name and last name personalization fields, create a file name similar to the following:
November 2016 Invoice for %%TM||first_name%% %%TM||last_name%%
Using this technique, each subscriber would see his or her name in the PDF file.