Once you've gathered a set of information about your contacts, you might ask yourself, "What do I do with this data?" A Target Group is a smaller part of your entire contact base - a subset of the whole built around commonalities that are then used to create that Target Group. For example, you can create a Target Group based on demographics (such as gender or home country) or personal information (such as city of residence or age range). Ultimately, a Target Group enables you to control and tailor your messages to these different sets of contacts.
To access your Target Groups:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups.
Create a Target Group
To create a Target Group, click the Create button. You'll then need to select the type of Target Group you want to create.
The creation of each Target Group type is discussed in its associated article; refer to these articles for further help:
- Interest Target Groups
- Demographic Target Groups
- Personalization Target Groups
- Action-based Target Groups
- Compound Target Groups
- Web Tracking Target Groups
Manage Target Groups
The Target Group page lists all of your organization's Target Groups.
General management actions
You can perform several management actions using the buttons above the list:
- Click Search to display a dialog where you can search for a Target Group. Click [+] to add a search criterion, and configure it with the available filters. You can click [+] to add multiple criterion, if needed. Click the Find button to initiate the search.
- If you've performed a search, click Reset to set the list back to the original view.
- Click Columns to display a dialog where you can add/remove columns to customize the data shown about your Target Groups in the list.
- Click Export to export the current list to an Excel file. This is a great way to share data with others in your organization. Keep in mind that exporting respects any search filters you have set, so if you want to only export specific Target Group information, be sure to perform a search first.
- Click Show Deleted to display any Target Groups that have been deleted (they're shown in red). If you want to restore a deleted Target Group, mouse over its menu and select Undelete.
- Select one or more Target Groups by checking the boxes to their left, and then click Delete, followed by OK in the confirmation pop-up, to remove it.
NOTE: See Delete a Target Group to learn more about deleting Target Groups.
- Select one or more Target Groups by checking the boxes to their left, and then click Move to Folder to select a folder to move them to.
Manage a Target Group
To the left of each Target Group is a menu; mouse over this menu to access several options:
- Click Info to see how many contacts are being targeted in the group and to see how many messages are associated to it.
- Click Edit to make changes to the Target Group's configuration details. Refer to the Create a Target Group section above, and its links to each Target Group type, for more information.
- Click Split to divide a Target Group into two to five equal segments.
- Click Random Segment to create a new Target Group that contains between 5% and 95% of the “parent” Target Group’s contacts.
NOTE: See Splitting and Random Segmenting to learn more about these two processes.
- Click Delete, followed by OK in the confirmation pop-up, to remove the Target Group.
NOTE: Click the Show Deleted button above the list to display any Target Groups that have been deleted (they're shown in red). If you want to restore a deleted Target Group, mouse over its menu and select Undelete.
See Delete a Target Group to learn more about deleting Target Groups.
Like most content in Higher Logic Informz, you can create folders for your Target Groups to keep them organized and easily manageable.
Click the Edit button above the list to the right to display a dialog where you can add, edit, and delete folders.
The folder you're currently viewing is shown next to this button, to the left. Click this menu and select a folder to display only its Target Groups in the list.