IMPORTANT: The information in this article is specific to iMIS version 20.3 and later. If your account is integrated with an earlier version, visit the iMIS section of our knowledge base for relevant documentation.
Configuration steps in iMIS
In the IQA Module in iMIS, create an IQA search with the following criteria.
NOTE: These steps are required in order for your IQAs to be available as Target Groups in Higher Logic Informz.
- The IQA returns at least one active record.
- The IQA's security settings are set to Share Everyone (Full Control).
- The IQA's Display tab returns PartyID (or a different field that contains the iMIS ID).
- The IQA has an alias of ID.
- The IQA's Filters tab has all prompts set to No.
Save the IQA in the Higher Logic > Mailing Lists folder.
Configuration steps in Higher Logic Informz
The integration with iMIS automatically creates a new Target Groups folder, Integration, in Informz; new IQA Target Groups will be added to this folder.
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups.
- Click the orange Refresh Target Group List button in the lower left of the Admin interface.
NOTE: This refresh operation ONLY resyncs the list of available IQA Target Groups; it does not resync the Target Groups or their information, that is a separate step.
When the refresh completes, the available IQA Target Groups will be in the Integration folder.
Target Groups syncing
Your Informz Target Groups can synchronize with your iMIS database in three ways.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups and select Info from a Target Group's hover menu to trigger a manual sync.
- At the time of publish, the Target Group will refresh before the message sends.
- If a Target Group is used as part of a campaign it will resync hourly.
Default and iMIS-specific personalization fields are stored in Informz in the Personalization Cache and can be inserted when creating and editing messages.
To add personalization fields (Message Designer and Mailing Designer):
- Click the Personalizations icon in the task bar to open the Personalizations selector.
- Select Integrated Personal Info from the dropdown.
NOTE: This pulls the values for iMIS.
- Save your message.
Personalization fields must be cached in order to:
- be viewed in Informz
- use the personalization test
To view which personalization fields are available to be cached:
- Navigate to Settings > Set Up > Bridge Configuration (Only UPI).
- Under Personalization Attributes, click List of Personalization Attributes.
- Select (a maximum of 20) fields to be cached and click Save Changes & Refresh Cache.
iMIS-specific personalization fields
The table below lists the personalization fields that sync from iMIS into Informz.