This article provides information on the version update to the Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) integration for iMIS.
NOTE: This article and the integration version update are applicable to iMIS, versions 20.3 and above.
This integration version update offers an improved schedule and method for syncing. It supports manual syncs, syncs at the time of publish, and hourly syncs for groups used in automated campaigns.
There are other behind-the-scenes improvements that allow us to continue to work with iMIS to add features such as writebacks and custom personalization fields.
This integration version update will happen in Thrive Marketing Professional.
- You do not have to update your IQAs in iMIS.
- You do not have to change your lists or configuration in iMIS.
When will my integration be updated?
Higher Logic will schedule version-update dates for customers. On the date of your version update, we ask that you pause sending messages until 12:00pm ET or until our team confirms the version update is complete.
When the update is complete, the updated version will be in place.
What do I have to do?
Before you start sending, complete these steps for your account:
- If you were using integrated Target Groups in an automated campaign, assign them to the updated version in the Integration Target Groups folder.
- Update Target Groups used in any messages scheduled to send in the future.
- Update the personalization codes in any scheduled or campaign messages to use the codes found under the Integrated Personal Info heading.
New Target Groups folder
The integration with iMIS automatically creates a new Target Groups folder, Integration, in Thrive Marketing Professional; new IQA Target Groups will be added to this folder.
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups.
- Click the orange Refresh Target Group List button in the lower left of the Admin interface.
NOTE: This action only refreshes this list of available IQA Target Groups. It does not resync the Target Groups or their information; that is a separate step.
Impact of the refresh
Note the following important changes in your iMIS integration.
|Move Target Groups||Your original IQA Target Groups will automatically move from the iMIS Group folder to the Integration folder.|
|Folder deletion||The iMIS Group folder will be deleted.|
|Change of Type||Target Groups from the original iMIS integration will have a type of Higher Logic iMIS.|
|New Type||Target Groups that are created after the version update will have a Type of Integration with a Description of iMIS.|
Sync your Target Groups
Your Target Groups can synchronize with your iMIS database in three ways.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups and select Info from a Target Group's hover menu to trigger a manual sync.
- At the time of publish, the Target Group will refresh before the message sends.
- If a Target Group is used as part of a campaign it will resync hourly.
With the original version of the iMIS integration, the personalization values were written to the contact record Profile Fields.
After the integration version update, the personalization values will remain in the contact record Profile Field but the Profile Fields will no longer be updated.
With the updated version of the integration, the default and iMIS-specific personalization fields will be stored in Thrive Marketing Professional in the Personalization Cache and can be inserted when creating and editing messages.
To add personalization fields (Message Designer and Mailing Designer):
- Create a message or edit an existing message.
- Choose the story that will house the personalization.
- In the Text Properties panel, click the Personalizations icon in the task bar of the text editor.
- In the Personalizations selector, choose Integrated Personal Info from the dropdown to display the iMIS personalization fields.
- Add personalization placeholders to the message.
- Click Save.
Personalization fields must be cached in order to:
- be viewed in Thrive Marketing Professional
- use the personalization test
To see which personalization fields are available to be cached:
- Navigate to Settings > Set Up > Bridge Configuration (Only UPI).
- Under Personalization Attributes, click List of Personalization Attributes.
- Select (a maximum of 20) fields to be cached and click Save Changes & Refresh Cache.
If you are using any Target Groups from the original version of this integration for your campaigns, those campaigns will have to be adjusted to use the "update" versions of the Target Groups coming from iMIS.
Target Groups distinction
- Target Groups from the original iMIS integration have a type of Higher Logic iMIS.
- Target Groups that are created after the version update have a Type of Integration with a Description of iMIS.