As a spam mitigation measure, a Higher Logic Thrive Community can be configured to require user validation and admin approval before new accounts can be created.
The flow is as follows:
- A user fills out and submits the account-creation form.
- The system automatically sends them a verification email.
- They must click the enclosed link to verify their email address.
- Only then can a Super Admin approve their account.
- Only after approval can the user log in.
For communities configured this way, account creation hinges on users taking action. Because it's possible users may forget to complete this step or lose the verification email, Super Admins can resend it to them from the Pending Approval queue on the Users List. Let's learn how.
IMPORTANT: Requiring Super Admin approval for account creation, and by extension, this verification email feature, is both optional and limited to non-integrated (i.e., standalone) customers. If your Higher Logic Community is standalone and you'd like this feature enabled, create a case.
To access your list of pending users:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Users > List.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Pending Approval.
You're now viewing all users pending admin approval to obtain an account to your Higher Logic Community. For users who have already verified the email, you'll be able to select them and click Approve or Reject as necessary.
However, you'll notice that the Approve/Reject buttons are inactive for users who have not yet completed this step, while the Resend Verification button is available instead. You'll also see a "Pending Verification" indicator in the Email column to help visually identify these users.
- To resend the email to a single user, select them in the list and click Resend Verification.
- It's also possible to resend it to multiple users at once. Continue reading below to learn how.
TIP: After resending a verification email, the visual indicator updates to "Verification Resent" as a confirmation. Keep in mind, however, that the indicator reverts back to "Pending Verification" upon reloading the page.
How to resend to multiple users at once
The button used to multi-select rows is device-dependent.
- To select more than one row, hold the Ctrl (Windows) or command (Mac) key and select each of the other rows you want to manage.
- To select a continuous list on PC and Mac, click one row, then hold the Shift key and click the last row.
TIP: After multi-selecting BUT before acting on the selected contacts, you can add and deselect contacts via the check boxes to their left.