In this article...
At your fingertips are all the tools you need to create private, secure communities with which to drive member interactions, knowledge sharing, and engagement. This article provides an overview of Higher Logic's core and optional modules.
These core modules are the "backbone" that drive member engagement:
- Automation Rules - Automation Rules can be configured to trigger a variety of actions. You can use them to automate daily, weekly, and/or monthly administrator actions so that you can spend your time and energy focusing on your most important responsibility: Increasing member engagement. See Manage Automation Rules to learn more. (The Community Essentials model has a limited version of this module.)
- Blogs - Blog articles (called news articles in some communities) can be managed for an entire site or for specific communities, and they can be made available "externally," to users who aren't members of your site. Approved blog creators can tag blogs to organize them and make them easier to find. Visit the Blogs section of our knowledge base to learn more.
- Discussions - Discussion forums give your members a place to collaborate, ask questions, provide answers and resources, and discuss the hot topics of the day. The Discussions section of our knowledge base has articles on both types of threads: Discussions and Questions & Answers.
- CMS - The CMS is your site's central navigation- and content-management editor. With it, you can manage site navigation, create new pages and update existing ones, add and remove content to and from pages, control content placement, control who can access your pages and content, and hide or remove pages or content. See CMS Overview to learn more.
- Directories - Create a private social network for members to view industry profiles, form communities, and connect with their peers and colleagues. See Directory Overview to learn more.
- Event Calendar - Our standard event product. While it doesn't provide full event registration and management capabilities like Event Manager (the full-featured, separately-licensed version), it's perfect for getting the word out about upcoming events from your organization, and, if you have an AMS-managed community, to advertise events from your AMS on your Community site. See Event Calendar to learn more.
- Polls - The core "version" of polls enables Super Admins to add polls to their community site Home page and other interior pages (those not associated to a specific community). Polls are easy-to-create, one-question surveys that enable your organization to elicit quick feedback from your audience.
NOTE: If you license the optional Group Manager module, Polls functionality is expanded to allow Community Admins and Super Admins to add polls to their community home pages as well. See Polls Overview to learn more.
- Resource Libraries - Through Libraries, users can share files, including multimedia, in a socially-enriched environment. Multimedia content can be viewed directly on Library Entry pages, and even embedded on other web pages. You can add Creative Commons licensing notices to Library Entries when uploading copyrighted content. See Resource Libraries Overview to learn more.
- Wiki Glossary - Give your community members ownership of a dictionary to create, edit, and add industry terms, and to help educate each other. See Wiki Glossary to learn more.
In addition our core modules, there are several optional modules that your organization can license to meet its needs and boost community engagement in a variety of ways.
- Activity Sync - Gain valuable insights into your member engagement. Track members’ community activities while being able to assess and analyze that same data in your AMS/CRM/data warehouse or any system where member and customer data is important. See Activity Sync to learn more.
- Group Manager - Gives community, chapter, and committee leaders the tools to observe and analyze data about their members, as well as how groups perform compared to others in the organization. Leaders will have access to real-time data that syncs with the organization's AMS and online communities. Group Manager includes component rankings, bulk and segmented email lists, performance snapshots, widgets, and customized leader automation rules. See Group Manager Overview to learn more.
- Polls - While our core site setup includes polls that Super Admins can add to your community site Home page and other interior pages, Group Manager provides the added ability for Community Admins (and Super Admins) to add polls to their community Home pages as well. Polls are easy-to-create, one-question surveys that enable your organization to elicit quick feedback from your audience. See Polls Overview to learn more.
- MemberCentric Mobile App - Engage your members while they’re on the go from any device. Offer mobile options for members to easily search contacts, participate in discussions, check messages and stay current with organization and community news. See MemberCentric to learn more.
- Event Manager - Offer community leaders the tools to schedule and administer any type of meeting or event — from free webinars to multi-day conferences with paid registration. This is a powerful event management and registration tool designed to handle end-to-end collection and processing of all your registration data. See Event Manager Overview to learn more.
- Event Mobile Apps - Set up an incredible attendee mobile experience for all of your organization's events and activities. Create itineraries, session and speaker resources, event-focused discussions, and timely announcements. Share complete event details to enhance member networking and personalize engagement. See Eventsential and Eventpedia to learn more.
- Experts Directory - Search for and connect with industry leaders, speakers, and subject matter experts for any of your organization's events, meetings, and conferences. Find speakers, learn more about them in their biographies, and preview their credentials before making a connection. See Experts Directory to learn more.
- Ideation - Ideation is designed around the singular principle of soliciting and gathering user ideas and feedback from your community members from a centralized location: The Ideation home page. Users can organize their submissions into Categories that your organization has defined; admins can keep users in the loop about their submissions via custom Status labels; and users can vote and comment on submissions to help crowd-source the best ideas. See Ideation Overview to learn more.
- Learning Management System - Extend online learning to your community members. The Higher Logic LMS brings together all your education resources in a single, branded location. Complementary to your community's discussions, library resources, and member programs, the LMS is your all-in-one portal for social learning.
- Mentor Match - Build, customize, and collate your organization's professional development and networking experiences. Connect experienced mentors and ambitious mentees to share resources, experiences and work together to achieve professional and personal goals. Create profiles and demographics that are easily searched to find relationship matches and track mentor and mentee statuses. See the Mentor Match section to learn more.
- Microsites - Give your organization the ability to create and manage independent websites (Microsites) for any of your Higher Logic communities, and if needed, stand-alone Microsites that aren't associated to a community. Doing so grants community leaders and organizational staff the flexibility to manage an independent website tailored specifically for their community and its members, controlling everything from the content available to the design, layout, and navigation. See Microsites to learn more.
- Nested Communities - Set up your communities the way you run your organization. Your communities should be intuitive and reflect how your members work with the organization and each other. Whether you have multiple committees, chapters, and divisions to track, or a series of products and services within your organization, Nested Communities give every group a dedicated, unique space. See Nested Communities to learn more.
- Volunteer Manager - Take your volunteer programs, tracking, and automation capabilities to the next level with this engagement platform. Volunteer Manager is a system to help you find, track, and reward volunteers. Your members will have easy access to fill out volunteer profiles, sign up for new opportunities, and participate for rewards and virtual badges. All volunteer activity is effectively tracked through a point system and reporting dashboards. See the Volunteer Manager Overview section to learn more.
- Workspace - This collaborative document-creation tool enables your teams and working groups to participate anywhere, work more efficiently, and reduce collaboration costs. Workspace's integrated tools and features support the needs of teams engaged in complex collaboration and long life-cycle projects, and its flexible nature supports a range of business activity, from routine committee work to cases where information governance is critical. See Workspace Overview to learn more.