Sender Profiles is a feature that admins can use to more easily apply consistency to some aspects of their organization's messages. The consistency comes in the form of three fields that are populated by an account admin with custom, default values.
When a Sender Profile is used with a message, the prepopulated values are automatically applied. This reduces the chance of errors and it saves time having to repeatedly input the same values in message after message.
Sender Profiles can have distinct values for:
- Friendly From
- From Address
- Reply To Address
Watch the video
Many organizations send a variety of email messages (e.g., newsletters, renewal notices, event invitations) to a variety of audiences (e.g., customers, members). It's likely that these messages originate in different departments (e.g., membership, sales). And...the responses to these might messages have to be routed to yet another department (e.g., accounting, marketing).
Given these countless variables and the possible permutations, it's easy to see that accurately managing the sending and receiving and routing of multiple messages could be quite a job!
Sender Profiles can simplify this because by using Sending Profiles, you'll eliminate the need to individually and continually manage the Reply To and From addresses and the Friendly From.
- You can create multiple Sender Profiles.
- Sender Profiles can be used by any user at your organization who is sending a message.
- When you edit a Sender Profile, your changes replace the prior ones, and the new values are automatically used when that profile is used. You won't have to notify anyone to ensure they're using the latest Reply To and From addresses and Friendly From.
Access Sender Profiles
To access the Sender Profiles page:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Settings > Setup > Sender Profiles.
Use this page to create, edit, and delete Sender Profiles.
TIP: Click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order. Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.
Create a Sender Profile
To create a Sender Profile:
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- Complete the fields of the dialog.
TIP: The Description field is optional, but providing one is recommended.
- Click Save.
- Review the list to ensure the new Sender Profile displays.
Manage your Sender Profiles
If you use multiple Sender Profiles, it's likely that you'll have to occasionally update them and possibly delete any that become outdated.
Use the search
If you have a large list of Sender Profiles, use the search feature to more easily find a profile or to refine the list to a select few.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand a search field.
- The search queries all columns except Modified.
- Search on any characters that have been used in the five main fields.
- The list automatically updates with each typed character and displays all records (visible and hidden) that contain a match.
- Click the X to clear the search field to restore the original list.
Edit and delete Sender Profiles
You can edit Sender Profiles in order to keep them current, and you can delete those that you no longer use.
NOTE: The Edit and Delete buttons are disabled until you select a Sender Profile to manage.
To edit a Sender Profile:
- Click the profile that you want to change.
- Click Edit.
- Make the changes in the dialog and click Save.
- Review the list and verify the changes.
To delete a Sender Profile:
WARNING: This action is irreversible. Deleted Sender Profiles cannot be "un-deleted;" they have to re-created.
- Click the profile that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- At the confirmation prompt, click Delete.
- Review the list to confirm the deletion.
The Sender Profile is now available when sending messages.
Use a Sender Profile
A Sender Profile can be applied to a message on the Options tab > Envelope sub-tab.
To use a Sender Profile:
- Create and design a message.
- On Envelope sub-tab of the Options tab, click the Sender Profile dropdown.
- Choose a profile from the list.
The From, Friendly From, and Reply To fields are automatically populated with the Sender Profile values.