The Member Home page of your Higher Logic Thrive Community site is the main page for your members.
NOTE: Members must log in to your association's site in order to see the Member Home page. If they are not logged in, they will be limited to accessing and viewing your association's Welcome page.
Member home page content
Much of the layout and design work has been done for you in the default configuration of the page. For example, most of the widgets will be automatically populated with the appropriate type of content (e.g., lists of events and communities) from across your association's communities. Other features can be managed right on the page by Site Admins and Super Admins.
Watch the video
TIP: Check out the Higher Logic Academy Paths page for product- and role-specific videos!
Page top navigation
The top of the page has three navigation points for Site Admins and Super Admins.
- The Admin option in the Admin Toolbar is how you access the Admin interface. This option is available to Super Admins only.
- The Home option in the navigation bar is how Site Admins and Super Admins access and manage the association's Welcome page.
- The Member Home (Admin) option in the navigation bar is how Site Admins and Super Admins access this page in an editable state.
Page top menus
There are two dropdown menus at the top of the page:
Member profile bubble
The Member Profile bubble defaults to each member's initials.
- If a member has included only a first name or only a last name, the single initial of that name will display.
- If a member has uploaded an image to their profile, that image will override the initials avatar and display here.
- Click the bubble to expand the menu options that are described in this section.
|Member name / email address||Access the My Profile tab of the member's User Profile.|
|Inbox||Access the My Inbox tab of the User Profile.|
|Profile||Access the My Profile tab of the member's User Profile.|
|My Communities||Access the My Connections > Communities page of the member's User Profile.|
|Followed Content||Access the My Connections > Following page of the member's User Profile.|
|Log Out||Log out of the association's community and return to the Welcome page.|
The Create button has sub-menu options that make it easy for members to create community content
|Discussion Thread||Create a discussion on the Post a Message page.|
|Q&A Thread||Create a question-&-answer thread on the Post a Message page.|
|Library Entry||Create a Library Entry on the Add to a Library page.|
|Blog Post||Create a blog on the Post to Your Blog page.|
The Member Home page banner
The "banner" of the Member Home page is a Featured Card widget. You can configure this widget to customize what it displays for your members and how.
To learn how to configure the widget, see Widget Spotlight - Featured Card.
Activity Feed widget
The Activity Feed widget is the main feature of your Member Home page. It's streamline layout conveniently and neatly presents a variety of community content to your members. The widget:
- Displays member-created content (Discussion threads, Q&A threads, Events, Library Entries, Announcements, Blogs), with the latest content at the top.
- Includes content from all the communities to which the member belongs.
- Displays all content that a member has access to.
NOTE: This widget is hard-coded to display as the center column of the page. There aren't any configuration parameters and you cannot delete it.
The design of the widget makes it easy to quickly see the content type (e.g., Discussion), host community (e.g., Annual Conference Community), author (e.g., Raymond), and a summary. The various content types might also have their own unique indicators, too.
Discussion feed features
Discussion feeds have the following two unique features.
Click the icon to:
- copy the permalink URL of the Discussion thread and
- follow (and unfollow) the Discussion thread.
Click the icon to:
- recommend the Discussion
The icon changes color and the thumbs-up icon is filled in instead of an outline.
- Click the icon again to undo (i.e., un-recommend) the action.
- These actions (recommend and un-recommend) immediately display on the Discussion page.
The Member Home page has several other widgets that will populate with content that is tailored to each logged-in member. Let's take a look at these widgets.
Profile Card widget
This widget displays information that is unique to each member.
- The top section displays by default. It cannot be disabled or reconfigured.
- Site Admins and Super Admins can configure the other sections in Page Designer as described in Configure the widget, below.
A few things to note about this widget:
- If a member has uploaded an image to their profile, that image displays here. If the profile does not have an image, the initials avatar is the default.
- If a member has included only a first name or only a last name, the first initial only of that name displays as the avatar.
- The color of the initials avatar changes whenever the page is loaded and/or refreshed; it cycles through blue, purple, pink, orange, and green.
- Super Admins can configure profile-completion requirements for their association in Admin > Users > Profile > Profile Completeness. See Profile Completeness Bar.
- When the profile is "100% complete," the completeness bar no longer displays.
- Super Admins can configure activity-engagement points for their association in Admin > Engagement > User Engagement > Engagement Points. See Gamification - Engagement & Rewards.
Configure the widget
Site Admins and Super Admins can configure the display settings for this widget.
To configure the widget:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click (or right click for a new tab) Edit Page.
- Click the Profile Card widget, and then click the pencil icon to edit the widget.
- In the Options section of the edit dialog, use the Yes/No toggles to control whether:
- the profile completeness bar displays
- the badges and badge statistics display; use the dropdown to select number of badges earned (e.g., 3) or earning progress (e.g., 3 of 7)
- the profile statistics display; use the dropdowns to select which statistics display
- Click Save at the bottom of the dialog, and then click Publish.
- Review the widget on the Member Home page. Repeat these steps if you want to make changes.
Community activity widgets
Higher Logic has included several widgets on the Member Home page for all Thrive Community sites. We consider these to be the widgets that will be of the most value to your members.
NOTE: Site Admins and Super Admins can hide these widgets, add other widgets, and arrange where widgets display on the page.
- Some of these widgets, such as Quick Links, can be customized; that is, Site Admins and Super Admins can choose which links display in the widget and in what order.
- Other widgets, such as Upcoming Events and My Communities, present content that cannot be configured by Site Admins and Super Admins.
- Some widgets display dynamic content to the member. The content (e.g., blogs, events, followed content) automatically refreshes and updates based on member and community activity.
- Some widgets display static content to the member. The configured content (e.g., quick links) displays until it is changed by an Admin, but it is not affected by member or community activity.
- The amount of content that displays is dependent on how many communities a member belongs to. As the member joins more communities, more content (events, blogs, communities) will display.
- The list of communities in the My Communities widget is "randomized." The widget will cycle through all of the communities that the member belongs to and randomly display the names.
- The Add button will display on the blogs widget for members who belong to the HLBlogger Security Group which allows them to create blogs. See View & Create Blog Articles.
Your association's contact info and social-media links are in a dedicated "footer"-type section. Unique to the Members Home page, this footer is positioned in the left column rather than the bottom of the page.
NOTE: Your Thrive Community also features a "traditional" footer at the bottom of all other pages (except for those in the Admin interface).
See Update Your Site Footer to learn how to customize it.
Higher Logic makes it easy to edit this content by way of edit bubbles.
- Hover on one of the edit bubbles to access the pencil icon.
- Click the pencil icon to open the editor.
- Make changes to, and optionally, format the information.
- Click Save to close the editor; review your changes.
- When a user clicks Contact Us, they are taken to a Contact Us page containing a form they can fill out; when sent, the message is delivered to a point of contact at your organization. See Site Setup Overview to learn how to customize the Contact Us form and update the point of contact email address.